Financial Acctng Cons - Rail Controllership Team
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Controller's Division is responsible for the Company's financial statements, establishing corporate accounting policies, preparing SEC and regulatory reports and ensuring the adequacy of internal controls. The Division also manages and supports the Company's General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets systems.
Wells Fargo's Controllers is a seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Wholesale Controller's Division which supports the accounting and general ledger operations related to process, internal control, and risk matters for Wholesale Banking. This role supports Wells Fargo Equipment Finance's Rail business.
Financial Accounting Consultant is a vital team member that will support the functions of the Wells Fargo Rail Controllership Team. The candidate will play a major role in ensuring all financial accounting reporting standards, policies, and procedures are completed with the most efficient and effective manner.
The candidate will help to also support the line of business and external/internal customer with request, account analysis, and ad-hoc reports. The candidate must demonstrate a high level of accounting knowledge and intermediate proficiency with MS office application such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
Key responsibilities, but not limited to:
•Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations
•Prepare and review journal entries
•Regulatory and quarterly reporting
•Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process
•Facilitate line of business request related to general ledger activity
•Support with external / internal customer request
•Identify process improvement and assist with implementation of improvements to eliminate manual work
•Support line of business and controllership with various audit request
•Prepare and present Ad Hoc reports and monthly/quarterly variance analyses to senior leaders
Candidates within the preferred location (Rosemont, IL) will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- Public accounting experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to present reports to and interact with senior leaders
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: general ledger reconciliation
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong independent thinking skills
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0185562 CORPORATE FINANCE
Back to top