Financial Accounting Consultant
- Provide support to meet the increasing demands required to effectively grow and deliver Regulatory Reporting for APAC related branches/entities.
- Provide advice and guidance to the business and the Finance teams (in Region and at the US Head Office level) in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Maintain and proactively contribute to the development of the Regulatory Reporting infrastructure (people, technology and processes) necessary to support and control business growth to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant internal Wells Fargo policies & procedures and with all relevant regulatory requirements as they continue to evolve both in Region and in the US
- Develop and maintain good working relationship and dialogue with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate with regard to regulatory reporting and proactively plan for and respond to any changes to regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. contributing to the development of Basel 3 requirements, supporting growth of business and support platform in APAC);
- Assist to create an environment in which all team members are aware they can identify, raise and resolve all risk management, local regulatory and compliance issues; create a business culture where risk is understood, owned and appropriately, mitigated.
- A particular strategic focus for the near future is on supporting the implementation of new systems of record across APAC branch platform, complemented by the FRS regulatory reporting software. As such the ideal candidate for this role will have meaningful experience of such systems implementations from a user perspective.
- Assist to ensure the complete, timely and accurate delivery of all required regulatory reporting in the Region. Assist to ensure consistency with each set of liquidity/capital/regulatory report rules by documenting reporting requirements, identifying clear roles and responsibilities, outlining preparation procedures, monitoring control points and conducting testing;
- Support APAC Regulatory Controller in liaising with WF SoX and Reg IC teams and WFAS (Internal Audit) regarding their ongoing testing and examination programs, taking responsibility for follow-up on any audit findings with implementation of corrective actions.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree (or equivalent) and professionally qualified accountant including experience of GAAP and Regulatory Reporting within the financial services sector
- Progressive track record of experience and achievement
- Demonstrable change management skills, particularly those involving process re-engineering and systems change
- Strong technical skills including a good current working knowledge of regulatory reporting in the context of (ideally both) APAC and/or US financial services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work independently whilst providing positive collaboration within a fast paced environment
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top