Market Job Description
Wells Fargo has well-established banking branches and subsidiaries covering multiple lines of business across Asia Pacific (APAC) countries, including China, Japan, Singapore, India, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand with an aggregate of about 1,800 team members.
The position will be based in Hong Kong or Singapore (APAC regional hubs for Wells Fargo) to provide the leadership necessary to meet the increasing demands arising from Wells Fargo’s international presence as well as an evolving financial and regulatory landscape. The APAC Finance team is part of the Corporate Finance Group. We are seeking a high caliber candidate to join the team and partner with the APAC CFO and the wider Asia & global Finance teams. Aside from being in a leadership position, the team member will be expected to liaise extensively across a range of internal and external stakeholders, including business and support leaders across the region and beyond, regulators and internal/external auditors. The candidate will manage staff teams.
- The candidate will provide leadership to Finance related projects and initiatives. This may involve prioritization, analysis, design, planning, tracking, and execution of automated delivery of financial information to support finance & regulatory reporting within various local jurisdictions. Projects can include management of various internal or external audits, governmental authorities and reviews. The team member will also manage and maintain Finance related data, systems and reporting tools across the APAC region. The strategic focus will be a drive for efficiency and effectiveness in the APAC region. There is accountability for delivery of the project(s) assigned.
- The candidate will provide leadership to the APAC payments team, including serving as primary point of contact for the Corporate Accounts Payable function, escalation of payments related issues from stakeholders across the region, and managing Finance owned APAC bank accounts.
- The candidate will serve as the point of contact for Treasury desk. This can include validating profit and loss, understanding currency activity and positions, ALCO and Volcker impacts.
- The candidate will provide leadership to the Finance team supporting the non-bank businesses. The team member should possess a Finance background that includes accounting & regulatory knowledge of the HK securities business.
- The candidate will develop and manage team members with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance, coach staff in technical matters and delivering on other job-related responsibilities and promote effective teamwork and resolve interpersonal issues.
- The candidate will provide strategic advice and guidance to senior business and support leaders (in Region and the Head Office).
- The candidate will proactively develop processes and infrastructure controls to ensure ongoing compliance with all relevant Wells Fargo policies and procedures. This includes representing finance on various risk and issue management forums.
- The candidate will create an environment in which all team members can identify, raise and resolve all risk management, local regulatory and compliance issues. This creates a business culture where risk is understood, owned and appropriately, mitigated.
- The candidate will manage the Finance organization’s third party vendor relationships according to corporate policy, procedures and standards.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree (or equivalent) and professionally qualified accountant with 10+ years of financial or banking sectors
- Progressive track record of experience, including staff management, and achievement with ideally experience of running a geographically diverse team
- Demonstrable change management skills, particularly those involving process re-engineering and systems change
- Strong technical skills including a good current working knowledge of accounting standards and regulatory reporting in the context of (ideally both) Asia and/or US financial services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to give presentations and briefings to senior management
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyze business transactions and identify key Finance risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure and maintain high energy levels
- Must be able to work independently whilst providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top