Finance & Accounting Analyst
- Tokyo, Japan
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The Finance & Accounting department supports key process activities such as transfer pricing, liquidity management, payments, financial reporting, related analysis and projects, etc for the Tokyo branch, APAC regions, and US Head Office
- Prepare and process APAC payments to vendors and employees in region
- Responsibilities include accounts payable, expense allocations and out-of-pocket reimbursements
- Liaise with Corporate Accounts Payable group in U.S. on day to day operations and special projects
- Manage inventory of bank accounts and associated access controls
- Manage internal & external audits and review of control procedures
- Provide local stakeholder guidance on Accounts Payable requirements and workflow of full payable cycle per Corporate Policy
- Collaborate with local branch/entity Finance Manager and APAC Payroll team on vendor expense requirements, expense budgeting, and cash funding requirements
- Ensure updated documentation exists for all work flow processes in compliance with corporate policy and procedures
- Internally, it's know as Finance & Accounting Analyst
Market Skills and Certifications
- University Degree - Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of finance & accounting experience, preferably in the financial industry
- Good communication skills - Native Japanese and business level written and verbal in English
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top