Fin Crimes Spec - Call Ctr 2
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Within the Operations team our Risk Operations/Fraud Prevention Services team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses.
The Credit Card Non-Fraud team is looking to hire several Financial Crimes Specialists who will take in-bound customer disputes calls with time scheduled on the phone and off the phone to complete follow up. Specialists ensure that all customer dispute calls and correspondence are handled with immediate action and resolution which may include: ordering a sales draft, entering a chargeback, sending out a dispute form, ordering a computer letter, charging the disputed amount off, or forwarding the case to the appropriate department. Maintains an in depth knowledge of MasterCard and VISA member rules and regulations that will enable the representative to make the appropriate decisions as to when and how to resolve the customer's inquiry. Enter monetary and non-monetary adjustments which may include removing a delinquent status, placing an item into dispute, removing a minimum payment due, adjusting finance charges and small balance charge-off adjustments. Identifies problems and works within a team environment toward viable solutions. Collects information and prepares reports to status an account lost/stolen when appropriate to lessen potential loss. Limits fraud exposure on suspicious inquiries by performing additional verification and/or refer calls to the Fraud dept. Responds, under the guidance of senior partners, to inquiries and complaints from internal and external customers (including customers, merchants, clients, and bankers), regarding financial products and services.
- Conducting intake to determine appropriate course of action
- Conducting investigative steps to fully identify the issues
- Researching product information, terms, conditions, contracts, etc. and resolving complex problems and inquiries
- Serves as intermediary between parties to resolve disputed matters, negotiates and enacts settlements accordingly
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to ensure balance
- Handles incoming correspondence in accordance with external and internal policies and procedures
- Generates and/or composes written correspondence as needed
- Reviews data and reports trends to management
Duties may also include: account maintenance, report generation, project work and work direction
Spanish speaking Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply and may qualify for a language skill pay differential.
These positions will start on 10/2/2017 and have a paid 6 week training period that is M-F 8:00-4:30 CST
The hours of operation for this department are as follows: Sunday 6am-2:30pm; Mon-Fri 6am-6pm; Sat 6am-4:30pm. Candidates must be flexible to work within these timeframes once training is completed.
- 6+ months of call center experience; or 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial services, fraud, investigations, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, or criminal justice; or an AA/AS degree or higher in criminal justice
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Customer service experience
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding Regulation Z
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card dispute resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card products, policies, and procedures
- Exposure to Wells Fargo DASH System (Dispute Automation Systems Handler)
- Exposure to Wells Fargo CSS (Customer Service System)
- Must be able to attend full duration of required training period
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0211413 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top