FCM Risk Analyst - Market Risk Consultant 4
The Enterprise Counterparty Risk Management (ECRM) organization within Corporate Credit & Market Risk is responsible for governance and oversight of Counterparty Credit Risk Management across the Wells Fargo Enterprise for capital markets traded products. Key activities include ensuring a sound counterparty credit risk management framework and infrastructure exists to approve, price, identify, measure, aggregate, and report this exposure throughout the firm. Specialized teams exist to focus on specific risk generating LOB's (FCM, Prime Services, Fixed Income, Equities, etc.), Governance, Oversight, Underwriting, Stress Testing/Capital, Risk Architecture, and Data Management.
Global Exchange Traded Services (GETS) is the Futures Commission Merchant within Wells Fargo Securities, LLC.
GETS Risk, part of ECRM, is seeking a highly experienced risk manager with FCM risk management experience, reporting to the Head of Risk for GETS Risk. As the Wells Fargo Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) grows, it is the responsibility of GETS Risk to provide specialized risk coverage for specific markets and counterparty types. GETS Risk is responsible for adhering to all regulatory requirements and internal credit policies and procedures in order to ensure intraday and end-of-day risk management for all products cleared by the FCM. GETS Risk is also responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the risk management framework.
Key responsibilities for this role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with the creation of a robust risk monitoring and analysis infrastructure across all cleared products, with a strong emphasis on the energy and power markets.
- Perform in-depth portfolio analyses on an intraday basis, providing market insight with respect to the effect of market movement on client positions.
- Cross-training other analysts on the GETS Risk team.
- Recommend continuous enhancements to the existing risk infrastructure to ensure that the GETS Risk can be proactive in managing market and counterparty risks.
- Collaborate with technology teams to clearly define risk requirements and their successful implementation.
- Create and document risk management procedures to ensure adherence to internal and corporate policies.
- Participate in client facing risk due diligence calls or onsite visits.
- Ensure that FCM business leaders appropriately consider the risks being taken and the implications to ensure that those risks are properly captured and analyzed.
This is a highly visible position and requires an individual with; strong communication and strategic partnership skills, execution oriented, professional demeanor, self-starter behavior and able to recognize and act on opportunities for improvement in the business. This person will play a key role within the GETS Risk team.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: trading, desk analyst, or capital markets
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of FCM (Futures Commission Merchant)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ideally desire 5+ years of FCM risk management experience
- Demonstrable experience in the cleared power and energy markets, both in the US and globally
- Deep working knowledge of the cleared space with regard to market risk, risk management systems and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in speaking directly with clients regarding the risks observed in their cleared portfolio
- Able to ensure risk oversight for a large number of client accounts across multiple markets.
- Experience, in using GMI, GlobalRisk and RiskMetrics or similar systems.
- Prior IT experience which may include programming, algorithm design and product specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with, and influence, numerous internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance or Mathematics (or similar discipline).
- Professional certification from either GARP or PRMIA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0214369 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top