External Financial Reporting Manager-Regulatory Reporting Transformation Leader
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company's shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
This team acts as an advocate for senior management in the execution of important strategic initiatives related to the automated production of regulatory reports. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that strategic initiatives are organized, communicated proactively, involve all necessary stakeholders, and executed effectively in-line with firm-wide initiatives as it pertains to automated regulatory report production.
Leader would be responsible for the reconcilement of the automated reporting against current report production, identification of anomalies, and the resolution of any inconsistencies. This will involve the coordination of report owners with controllers throughout the various business lines as well as the accounting operations, mapping and technology teams. This leader is responsible for the identification and successful resolution of report inconsistencies.
Components of Role
• Report Reconcilement: Determine methodology and framework to facilitate the efficient reconcilement of automated reporting to current production and strategically resolve anomalies
• Review and Data Approval: Review data mapping done supporting report production and opine as to the appropriateness to use such data in the production of automated regulatory reports.
• Strategic Planning: Identification of system of record inconsistencies and data gaps that could impact report capability and working with all team members and report owners to ensure order and priorities are properly aligned
• Report Automation: Implementing reporting tool to generate regulatory reporting on an automated basis leveraging data element mapping
• Support of Report Owner responsibilities, as necessary: This includes but is not limited to
o maintaining line of sight into end to end processes
o understanding and challenging all reported numbers, as appropriate
o understanding and coordinating implementation of report instruction changes
o partnering with support groups (Technology, Governance & Oversight, Data Management & Insights, Change Management, and Regulatory Technical Interpretations) to improve the control environment
This is a new leadership position that will be responsible for reporting transformation within the Enterprise Financial Reporting Automated Regulatory Reporting team responsible for the development of a system and reporting logic to produce accurate production of significant regulatory reports such as the FR Y-9C, all supporting schedules, FR Y-14Q, FFIEC 031/041, among many other reports.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to the following:
• Drive transition of reports to the AgileREPORTER tool, utilizing the current production processes
• Strategically reconcile report production and build methodology to efficiently resolve reporting anomalies throughout the regulatory reports generated on an automated basis
• Drive preparations for connecting the future centralized data warehouse (multi-year project) to the AgileREPORTER tool.
• Help identify areas for consolidations of manual inputs.
• Help with miscellaneous projects assigned by manager that require vast subject matter expertise.
• Partner closely with the Regulatory Reporting, Regulatory Data Requirements and Remediation Change Management teams within the Enterprise Financial Reporting group
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should possess professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives and regulatory agencies. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
Skillsets Needed for Success
• Deep understanding of financial products (e.g., loans, securities, derivatives, etc.)
• In-depth knowledge of line-item specific regulatory reporting guidance
• Ability to document conclusions with well-founded supporting basis for policy decisions
• Understanding of financial institution systems and general architecture
• Analytical thinking with focus on anticipation of potential issues
• Detail oriented with planning foresight across multiple functions
• Strong communication skills
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 2+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Experience managing teams of more than five team members
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate governance, financial reporting systems, legal entities, and role of regulatory authorities
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets: business and processes
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong research and documentation skills
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm
- Experience with Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
- Knowledge and understanding of Lombard Risk AgileREPORTER software
- Experience with general ledgers and accounting policies
- Experience presenting with multimedia tools such as Live Meeting or PowerPoint
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Product knowledge in some or all of the following areas (loans, debt, derivatives, securities, repurchase agreements, securities lending, commodities, cash equities trading, credit trading, securities, etc.)
- Broad financial product knowledge throughout the banking and capital markets industry inclusive of investment banking, asset-backed financing, equity investments, etc.
- Ability to convey key messages to senior leaders through PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with bank capital calculations, processes, and reporting
- Experience with Agile methodology of project delivery
- CPA certification
- Experience with large financial institutions
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top