ETL Developer/Apps Systems Engineer 5
- Charlotte, NC
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wholesale Technology Services is seeking an Application System engineer with responsibilities related to the Cross Sell Analytics suite of applications, which blends both Microsoft and Oracle technologies. Candidate will be asked to assist his teammates with production support, design, test and enhancement development activities. Core responsibilities will include: data design and modeling, ETL process enhancement with PL/SQL as well as performance improvement analysis. Core technologies will cross platforms to include both Oracle as well as C# and .Net frameworks.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to contribute and lead design and development initiatives within a highly complex business environment. Candidate will work closely with business partners to evaluate business requirements, write functional design specs and participate in efficient development, delivery and deployment. Responsible for collaborating closely with teammates, DBAs, Web developers and interface partners as well as ensuring quality throughout the development lifecycle. Participate as needed in compliance, risk and regulatory processes within Wells Fargo.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS WHEN APPLYING
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- In your profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5 + years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL production environments
- 5+ years of application development experience with C#
- 5+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 2+ years of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Autosys experience
- Experience with MS Azure cloud computing technology
- Knowledge and understanding of data organizing or structuring complex data across varied data sources
- Knowledge and understanding of web systems: performance tuning
- Financial services experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience overseeing releases, patches and upgrades
- Experience with other Relational databases such as Oracle and Teradata
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top