Equipment Finance Territory Manager - Construction Industry
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a leading equipment finance provider in the U.S. and Canada with a portfolio exceeding $45 billion, more than 300,000 active customers and 2,500+ team members . WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers' equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers, dealers, distributors and direct to market. WFEF has industry financing specialists dedicated to Healthcare, Construction, Energy, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Marine, Rail, Aircraft, and Vendor Financing Programs.
The Territory Manager (TM) will work within the construction group and is responsible for marketing various loan & lease products to the construction industry. The assigned territory is Oklahoma, Kansas & Arkansas. The TM will be required to be physically located within the assigned territory. Travel is required on a weekly basis to visit direct customers, prospects and dealers. The TM role requires a strong background in sales and credit with a high degree of knowledge of the construction industry and equipment specifications. Experience in originating, qualifying and closing a variety of financing products is helpful, including familiarity with operating leases, and term loans. The TM will identify opportunities and develop relationships with manufacturers, dealers, vendors, existing contacts as well as developing new customers. The annual new business expectation for this position is $25 million the first year and growing the territory to $40 million in subsequent years. The Territory Manager will work cooperatively with internal WFEF staff to submit, approve, negotiate, document and fund transactions.
Compensation for this position is comprised of a base draw plus commissions paid based on a matrix measuring gross profit and yield spread components.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of equipment finance leasing experience
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Sales experience including the ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience related to the construction market and equipment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships while meeting assigned sales objectives.
- Thorough understanding of credit including the ability to analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Ability to manage a large territory while effectively using a CRM program.
- Knowledge and understanding of tax, accounting, term loans and leasing.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0059023 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top