Equipment Finance Territory Manager
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is the largest bank-owned equipment leasing and finance company in the U.S. with a portfolio exceeding $45 billion, more than 250,000 active customers and 3,000+ team members with coverage in all 50 states and Canada. WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers’ equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers, dealers, distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Construction Equipment, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Vendor Finance Programs, Technology Finance, Food, Beverage, Agriculture, Healthcare, Energy/Marine and Corporate Aircraft. It is the #1 non-captive lender for construction equipment and commercial vehicles.
The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for marketing equipment financing products within an assigned territory of Florida. The TM will work with assigned Wells Fargo Bank Relationship Managers to identify equipment financing opportunities within the banks customer base. In addition, the TM will develop direct financing relationships with non-bank clients whose annual revenues are between $2MM – $50MM. The TM will have a strong background in sales and experience in originating, qualifying and closing a variety of lease and loan financing products. The TM will work cooperatively with internal staff to submit, credit approve, document and fund transactions ranging from $50M to $10MM+. The position carries an annual budget of $30+ Million.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of equipment finance leasing experience
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Sales experience including the ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of successful equipment finance and leasing sales experience to middle market corporations, preferably with a bank owned equipment finance company.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Business Banking platform, WFEF credit policies, procedures, and equipment finance software systems Rapport.
- In market experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top