Equipment Finance Territory Manager 2
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance - Surface Transportation – Commercial Vehicle Group
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is the largest bank-owned equipment leasing and finance company in the U.S. with a portfolio exceeding $45 billion, more than 250,000 active customers and 3,000+ team members with coverage in all 50 states and Canada. WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers' equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers, dealers, distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Construction Equipment, Vendor Finance Programs, Technology Finance, Food, Beverage, Agriculture, Healthcare, Energy/Marine and Corporate Aircraft. It is the #1 non-captive lender for commercial vehicles and construction equipment.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Inc. ("WFEF") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wells Fargo and a nationwide leasing company offering leasing and financing to businesses for their equipment needs. The Territory Manager ("TM") will work within the Commercial Vehicle Group ("CVG") and is responsible for marketing various services and products to the transportation industry. The assigned territory is Illinois and Michigan. The individual will be required to be physically located within the assigned territory. Travel is required on a weekly basis to visit customers and prospects. The TM role requires a strong background in sales and credit with a high degree of knowledge of the trucking industry and equipment specifications. Experience in originating, qualifying and closing a variety of financing products is helpful, including familiarity with operating leases, conditional sales contracts, Split TRACs, TRACs and term loans. The TM will identify opportunities and develop relationships with existing contacts as well as developing new customers with annual revenue up to $1B+. The annual new business expectation for this position is $40+ million. The Territory Manager will work cooperatively with internal WFEF staff to submit, approve, negotiate, document and fund transactions.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of equipment finance leasing experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Sales experience including the ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of commercial finance experience in the transportation industry including heavy and medium duty trucks, semi trailers, and vocational equipment.
- Knowledge and experience related to tractor and trailer specs.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships and interact with customers at the CEO and CFO level.
- Prior equipment finance experience managing a territory with originations in excess of $30+ million.
- Knowledge and understanding of tax, accounting, term loans and leasing.
- Strong salesmanship; ability to qualify, structure, price, negotiate and close transactions.
- Thorough understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Desire to work collaboratively with a set of Wells Fargo staff within assigned territory.
- Experience in lease pricing such as InfoAnalysis and/or competence with HP12C or 17B.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0053333 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top