Equipment Finance Speciality Markets / Relationship Manager 1
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF), a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is a leading equipment finance provider in the U.S. and Canada with a portfolio exceeding $45 billion, more than 300,000 active customers and 2,500+ team members . WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers' equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers, dealers, distributors and direct to market. WFEF has industry financing specialists dedicated to Healthcare, Construction, Energy, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Marine, Rail, Aircraft, and Vendor Financing Programs.
The Specialty Markets Manager is responsible for:
- Marketing equipment finance products in the assigned territory and market segment
- Working with assigned Wells Fargo Bank Relationship Managers ("RMs") and using existing market knowledge/contacts and lead database to identify and develop equipment finance opportunities within the assigned geography and bank segment. The TM will lead and develop financing relationships with both existing bank customers and prospects as well as non-bank customers and prospects whose annual revenues are between $20MM and $1BB+.
- Exhibiting a strong background in sales, and experience in originating, qualifying, and closing a variety of loan and lease financing products.
- Working cooperatively with internal staff to prescreen, propose, approve, negotiate, document and fund transactions ranging from $50M to $50MM+.
- 2+ years of relationship management experience
- Ability to qualify, structure, price, negotiate, and close credit transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of tax, accounting, and legal issues; associated with purchase money financings and credit issues, including program master loan documentation, customer loan and lease agreements, and inventory credit facilities
- High degree of structuring experience with financial products including loans, FMV leases, and inventory lines
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret financial statements
- Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding business goals and objectives
- Basic knowledge of lending products
- 3+ years of Equipment Finance experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5 years+ of demonstrated experience in loan and lease pricing, credit, structuring, negotiation and documentation - preferably with a bank-owned equipment finance company
- Self motivated
- Thorough understanding of credit issues
- Professional sales, negotiation and presentation skills
- Local market knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term internal and external business relationships
- Thorough understanding of tax leases, including FMV/EBO/Capped/1 st Amendment/TRAC as well as loans and synthetic leases
- Knowledge of documentation issues in connection with equipment financing and leasing
- Strong PC skills a must
- Ability to travel 60% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0215842 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top