Environmental Insurance Account Representative
This Environmental Account Representative position provides an exciting opportunity on the ground floor of the fast-growing environmental insurance industry. It provides a unique combination of exposure to the Environmental Consulting, and Environmental Insurance fields. The position supports Wells Fargo Insurance Services' Environmental Team in the Phoenix, AZ office. This candidate will work with others as part of the Environmental Team advising clients on environmental insurance coverage to facilitate property transactions, mergers and acquisitions, construction projects, and companies' and other organizations' day-to-day operations.
Job duties include:
- Organizing large volumes of environmental reports and transaction documents;
- Working with the Environmental Team to perform preliminary review and analysis of environmental reports;
- Maintaining customer databases to provide ongoing environmental risk support to existing clientele;
- Assisting in development of initial Environmental Insurance Submissions for Insurance Carriers;
- Tracking and organizing data provided to and received from clients and consultants, and Environmental Coverage Proposals received from carriers;
- Assisting the Environmental Team in responding to inquiries and requests from clients and Environmental Underwriters;
- Establishing systems to ensure that policies and endorsements are received;
- Reviewing Environmental Policies for accuracy once received from carriers; Transmitting policies to clients;
- Maintaining Environmental Policy management systems and files; and
- Assisting in developing Environmental Coverage Comparisons, Proposals and Presentations for clients;
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 1+ year of insurance experience
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to organize and track large volumes of reports, proposals, endorsements
- Desire to learn environmental insurance and grow in the environmental insurance field
- Familiarity with Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) and Phase II Subsurface Investigations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in an Environmental field, e.g., Environmental Consulting, corporate EHS, science, geology, or paralegal
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 180 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0041652 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top