Enterprise Network Services, Network Segmentation
Wells Fargo’s ENS Group supports one of the largest networks in the world under single management, with over 400,000 end points in 39 countries around the globe. The wired network encompasses 35,000 switches & routers and over 300,000 phones located in WF’s 9,000 buildings, 12,000+ ATMs and 13 data centers, while ENS’ wireless network include more than 17,000 APs providing connectivity for mobile devices. In addition, ENS provides alternate connectivity mechanisms for our branches and ATMs with both 4G and VSAT networks, and for our customers and guests with public WiFi and Guest networks.
This is a new position that will lead and direct a critical enterprise-wide technology program aimed to minimize risks of contagion through the network occurring as a result of a cyberattack. As the leader for the Network Segmentation, he/she will report directly to the Enterprise Network Services (ENS) Group Technology Executive as a member of the senior leadership team. The scope of this position’s responsibility includes the definition, development, deployment, operationalization and governance of the approach implementation of a sustainable means to segregate network traffic from paths and endpoints that it does not have a business need to cross. Delivering against this scope includes not only establishment of the architectural and device-central aspects necessary to perform the segmentation, but also the determination and instantiation of the corporate processes, operational practices and governance mechanisms required to keep the segmentation functioning to minimize risk and the network operating stably.
Leading Network Segmentation at Wells Fargo will require much change by the company, across all the technology teams and domains, and will cause many of the corporate processes such as change control, access control, privilege management, architecture and risk profiling to be adjusted or rewritten. As a result, it will be absolutely critical to WF’s success in this effort that this position be able to lead horizontally across many disciplines, vertically up and down organizations, and beyond organizational boundaries between technologies, businesses and divisions such as those between EIT, Risk Management, and Enterprise Information Security (EIS).
This position is accountable for leading an extremely complex and wide-scale effort, requiring exceptional skills in strategy development, the ability to rapidly assess architecture, experience and enterprise scale technology deployment. He or she must be able to lead teams and efforts focused on process design and deployment, operationalization mechanics, and establishment of governance and oversight to successful conclusion to deliver network segmentation to WF in a manner that ensures it continues to fulfill our needs in the future.
Critical to the success of this position will be this leader’s ability to develop and articulate the vision and program strategy, and gain support throughout the enterprise. He or she must be able to grow and sustain relationships across multiple organizations including EIT, EIS, Enterprise Architecture, Lines of Business, Risk Management, Finance, Operations, and both Internal Audit and external regulators, among others. He/she must provide focused leadership in high-pressure circumstances, as well as the ability to drive work through quiet periods. He/she must be able to quickly summarize and communicate clearly to senior leaders, yet be versed enough in the technical detail discuss tactical situations with engineers. He/she must be comfortable and confident directing multiple work streams, and communicating and presenting recommendations and status to Executive and Senior leaders. This position should have a solid understanding of infrastructure and how it uses the network, routing and switching at a network level, network security, and infrastructure architecture, as well as general business and regulators’ expectations of technical organizations within large financial institutions.
Preferred locations are Minneapolis, Charlotte or Chandler. Will consider other locations.
- 10 + years of technology infrastructure management experience
- 10+ years of strategic planning and development experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure: data center, network, storage, and compute domains
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience advising senior leadership on technology approach and engineering practices
- 8+ years of experience leading enterprise-wide technology implementations for a large, complex company
- Experience successfully negotiating teams through challenges, finding creative ways to clear roadblocks and make progress against goals
- Demonstrated experiencing managing retaining visibility of items that require direct efforts over long periods of time, and ensuring that key deliverables are completed
- Experience leading engineering services strategy organizations, or significant experience as a participant in defining and successfully executing on engineering practices optimization efforts for technology organizations
- Experience running large-scale mission-critical hardware refresh implementations, particularly across geographies. International refresh experience a plus.
- Experience leading multi-million dollar, multi-year engineering implementation efforts including both internal and vendor partners
- Solid understanding of network technologies including routing, switching, DNS/DHCP, proxy, probes, sniffers, out-of-band management devices, voice and video networking functions
- Direct experience managing Cisco, HP, Aruba, Arista, Infoblox and BlueCoat network environments a plus.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0051652 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top