Enterprise Controls & Oversight Governance & Oversight IT Subject Matter Expert (Accounting Governance and Oversight Consultant 3)
Wells Fargo is seeking highly motivated individual with a strong understanding of IT governance and controls to join our Governance and Oversight team as a subject matter expert (SME). The Governance and Oversight team has enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial reporting infrastructure and is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight group that reports to the Corporate Controller.
The team supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial and regulatory reporting control environment that is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of the current financial IT control environment
- Overseeing and maintaining the Company’s COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC, Regulatory and Risk Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices (proactive anticipation of IT internal control related matters)
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating enterprise-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Providing enterprise-wide IT consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts
- Providing IT process and control support and thought leadership for Corporate Finance sponsored projects
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and lines of businesses on IT control related matters
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the Company’s control environment
- This individual will be a subject matter expert on IT process and control related matters. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining expert level knowledge of COBIT and COSO framework and process and control authoritative guidance
- Partnering with process owners to evaluate and document the severity of identified IT control deficiencies and related remediation plans
- Acting as a liaison between the control owners within the lines of business and IT team members to identify and evaluate IT control deficiency trends impacting SEC and Regulatory reporting – critical analysis of control breakdowns
- Communicating IT control deficiency trends to key stakeholders and partnering with impacted process owners to determine adequacy of remediation efforts
- Recommending leading practices and champions change throughout the lines of business and IT team members with respect to IT governance and controls
- Preparing and/or reviewing communications to external and internal audit
- Partnering with external auditor and internal audit to identify new and emerging control issues and regulator expectations
- Partnering with key stakeholders to incorporate new and emerging internal control related guidance into Company’s COSO policies
- Providing process and IT control support for Corporate Finance sponsored projects
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that has strong familiarity with COSO and COBIT, an excellent communicator and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should possess good professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: accounting, consulting, or public accounting
- Big four public accounting experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of COSO Framework and COBIT
- 10+ years of IT experience
- CISA/CISSP designation
- Experience with Basel reporting and/or Risk reporting (BCBS 239)
- Experience evaluating control deficiencies and related remediation activitiesExperience with relationship building and collaboration with stakeholders spanning multiple levels from staff level to senior and executive management
- Experience with large financial institutions
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0016326 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top