Employee Relations Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About the Role
This is a newly-created Hong Kong based position covering the Asia Pacific Region. The Employee Relations Consultant will provide advice to HR partners and the line of business (LOB) heads in ER-related matters. They will be part of the International ER team and also part of the One HR model within the APAC Region reporting directly to the Employee Relations Manager, APAC. The responsibilities will cover the following core areas:
Case Management / Change management
- Investigates cases from a number of sources including HR Consulting team referrals, team member grievances, EthicsLine, Compliance and Risk teams and Internal Investigations.
- Manages the resolution of these cases including discussing the outcomes of cases with the LOB Heads and proposes measures to prevent occurrence of a similar incident in the future.
- Provides advice to HR Consulting team on a broad spectrum of employee relations matters relating to conflict, conduct and performance.
- Assists to manage matters of reorganization and restructuring; and provide advice on change management processes.
- Recommends changes to existing policies and guidelines based on the latest ER trends and developments within the industry, relevant laws, and latest jurisprudence.
- Assists in reviewing relevant policies and guidelines affecting global and local laws and practices.
- Maintain the EAP system as per agreed policies, processes and timelines.
- Maintain relevant records for ER cases and re-organization to ensure records are up to date and audit-ready.
- Assists in designing and delivering learning sessions on ER-related topics such as employment laws, policies and guidelines on corrective action, handling disciplinary cases, etc. in accordance with the Wells Fargo culture and values.
Market Skills and Certifications
The applicant needs to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent course
- 5 to 10 years of HR experience, with significant time spent dealing with ER related issues.
- Experience in handling performance and misconduct cases from end to end; including experience in handling involuntary terminations.
- Experience in managing redundancies and re-organizations is preferable.
- Sound knowledge of at least one jurisdiction's Labor laws and its application in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct investigations to establish relevant facts.
- Provide sound judgement and advice to HR team and relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the upmost discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to navigate in a complex multi-team environment where collaboration, partnership and teamwork are essential.
- A role model to operate in accordance within Wells Fargo values, goals and vision.
- Fluent in English is a must; fluent in an Asian language preferred.
- Experience in working with unions or staff representatives a plus but not essential.
- Experience in working in financial services or heavily regulated environment desirable.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top