EMEA Testing & Validation: Operational Risk Testing Senior Consultant
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
The International Testing & Validation (T&V) function provides independent risk oversight through the execution of standardized testing and issue validation activities across non-US-based regions. Specifically, International T&V provides independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively across the following key risk types: Financial Crimes, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Risk; and risk programs such as Business Process Risk Management, Information Security, Information Risk, Third Party, Process/Transaction, Conduct, Change Management, Product/Service and Human Capital.
The EMEA Operational Risk Testing & Validation Team within the International Testing & Validation organization is responsible for providing assurance on the internal control environment through specific controls testing, targeted reviews and issues validation primarily driven from the Operational Risk and the Business Process Risk Management program which at times may include components from other corporate program and risk types.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Lead the engagement with key stakeholders within relevant lines of business and Operational Risk teams to effectively plan testing activity.
- Plan & Perform Operational risk testing activities and lead the engagements that independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to Wells Fargo's businesses based on defined testing plan and methodology.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept apprised of review progress through formal updates throughout the engagement and on the potential issues so that there are no 'surprises' for lines of business.
- Plan & Perform issues and corrective actions validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to remediate issues based on defined methodology.
- Formally agree issues, recommendations and action plans in consultation with the relevant senior management.
- Formally document testing activity within the working papers in accordance with the methodology and review the work of other team members.
- Produce and review reports from other less experienced team members and presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing activities and following an internal review process, submit these to senior management.
- Assist the EMEA Operational Risk Testing & Validation Team Leader with required internal and external reporting on testing activities.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other key T&V points of contact within Corporate Risk, Wholesale and WIM to ensure consistency of T&V programs, policies and procedures
- Maintain an understanding of the RCRM, Operational Risk Framework, and T&V Standards and the interconnectivity of its key components
- Maintain an understanding of business operations and regulatory guidance / expectations
Market Skills and Certifications
- Significant operational risk testing or other related experience within an internal/external audit or other relevant testing function at global financial institutions
- Advanced knowledge of front to back activities and key processes pertaining to wholesale banking or capital markets or wealth & investment management or corporate support functions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Working knowledge of Wells Fargo international banking businesses
- Strong organization skills, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- Understanding of global regulatory compliance and operational risk programs specific to international business activities
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills and ability to operate in a team-oriented culture
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo Operational Risk tools
- BS/BA Degree/Equivalent Degree or higher in business or a related field
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Relevant or working toward Audit related certification (such as ACA, ACCA, CIA or similar)
- Ability to travel 10% or more of the time
Back to top