EMEA Testing & Validation: Operational Risk Testing Consultant
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
The International Testing & Validation (T&V) function provides independent risk oversight through the execution of standardized testing and issue validation activities across non-US-based regions. Specifically, International T&V provides independent assurance that risk programs and controls are operating effectively across the following key risk types: Financial Crimes, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Risk; and risk programs such as Business Process Risk Management, Information Security, Information Risk, Third Party, Process/Transaction, Conduct, Change Management, Product/Service and Human Capital.
The EMEA Operational Risk Testing & Validation Team within the International Testing & Validation organization is responsible for providing assurance on the internal control environment through specific controls testing, targeted reviews and issues validation primarily driven from the Operational Risk and the Business Process Risk Management program which at times may include components from other corporate program and risk types.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- As part of the team, engage with key stakeholders within relevant lines of business and Operational Risk team members to effectively plan testing activity, coordinating this with the relevant Engagement Lead
- Perform Operational risk testing activities that independently evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to Wells Fargo's businesses based on defined testing plan and methodology
- Assist with keeping all stakeholders apprised of review progress through formal updates throughout the engagement and on the potential issues so that there are no 'surprises' for lines of business.
- Assist with planning and performing issues and corrective actions validation activities that independently evaluate the adequacy, comprehensiveness and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to remediate issues based on defined methodology
- Identify and raise gaps, issues and recommendations for control enhancements for review and work with more senior members of the team to formally agree associated action plans in consultation with the relevant senior management
- With direction, where needed, formally document testing activity within the working papers in accordance with the methodology
- Support writing reports and presentations that clearly articulate the results/conclusions of testing activities
- Collaborate with other key T&V points of contact within Corporate Risk, Wholesale and WIM to ensure consistency of T&V programs, policies and procedures
- Build and maintain understanding of the RCRM, Operational Risk Framework, and T&V Standards and the interconnectivity of its key components
- Build and maintain understanding of business operations and regulatory guidance / expectations
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or
- a combination of both above in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related Operational risk testing or other related experience within an internal/external audit or other relevant testing function at global financial institutions.
- Operational risk testing or other related experience within an internal/external audit or other relevant testing function at global financial institutions.
- Knowledge of front to back activities and key processes pertaining to wholesale banking or capital markets or wealth & investment management or corporate staff group businesses.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to operate in a complex and matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with various levels of an organization
- Good organization skills, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Good relationship building and collaboration skills and ability to operate in a team-oriented culture
- BS/BA Degree/Equivalent Degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Relevant or working toward Audit related certification (such as ACA, ACCA, CIA or similar)
- Ability to travel 10% or more of the time.
Back to top