EMEA Head of Regulatory Knowledge and Awareness
Main function of the job:
The EMEA Head of Regulatory Knowledge and Awareness is a subject matter expert ('SME ') with a strong advisory compliance background in wholesale banking and markets compliance who is responsible for developing and implementing a best in class Regulatory Knowledge and Awareness programme for the EMEA Region. The individual will develop trusted partnerships with EMEA Wholesale and Asset Management Lines of Business, EMEA Compliance Advisory, Corporate Compliance Partners and key stakeholders in the support functions to provide compliance advice and guidance related to the Regulatory Knowledge and Awareness Programme.
The individual will be responsible for proactively driving and executing the Knowledge and Awareness strategy for EMEA Compliance including regulatory compliance training, Compliance Policy and other Compliance communications/knowledge sharing with the Lines of Business in EMEA. The individual will also be the Compliance Advisory lead on issues relating to regulatory registrations, the UK Senior Managers regime and related governance requirements.
The individual will have proven senior leadership and matrix management skills and will provide strategic leadership and development of a team of experienced compliance professionals to assist in accomplishing the duties of the role.
As the Regulatory Knowledge and Awareness SME they will develop robust governance around regulatory knowledge and awareness matters (including regulatory compliance training and policy) in EMEA.
Responsible for performing ongoing strategic reviews of the suite of regulatory policies and procedures which exist at Corporate and Line of Business (wholesale and asset management) level as well as in EMEA at a regional, legal entity or country level to determine whether these appropriately cover regulatory compliance risk requirements for team members operating within the EMEA region.
They will ensure that there is an effective process in place for the communication of regulatory compliance policies and procedures to impacted team members in EMEA (through training or other communication mechanisms).
SME responsible for the design and implementation of an appropriate Compliance Manual Framework within the region.
SME responsible for the design of the regulatory compliance communication strategy relevant to knowledge and competence in region.
Advise as to the appropriate communications required of the EMEA Compliance team (e.g. in relation to regulatory change, policy, training, registrations matters, EMEA Compliance intranet).
Responsible for providing Compliance advice to EMEA Lines of Business in relation to the regulatory requirements for knowledge and competence frameworks.
Work collaboratively with the Advisory Compliance and Country Compliance teams to understand and articulate the compliance awareness and training needs for each line of business/regulated legal entity in region.
Provide advice related to the regulatory training requirements applicable to relevant Legal Entities and LOBs operating in region and oversee the execution / delivery of appropriate regulatory compliance training.
Compliance Advisory lead on issues relating to regulatory registrations, the UK Senior Managers regime and related governance requirements.
Provide advice to relevant stakeholders and as requested as to regulatory requirements relating to registration regimes and associated training, competence and policy impacts.
As required they will be the go to SME in regulatory projects relating to registration / fitness matters to provide technical input as to regulatory expectations.
Responsible for inspiring, leading, developing and cross training (as appropriate) their team members and will keep their team members informed as to their and the department's strategic vision
Market Skills and Certifications
- Deep and proven subject matter expertise and experience in developing and implementing a Regulatory Knowledge and Awareness programme.
- Extensive subject matter expert knowledge of UK and EU regulatory requirements in relation to knowledge and competence and registrations.
- A subject matter expert with a strong advisory compliance background as to regulatory registrations requirements related to registration regimes and associated training, competence and policy impacts.
- A subject matter expert with a strong advisory compliance background in wholesale banking and markets compliance with a good understanding of associated products and services. Experience of Asset Management activities also desirable.
- Proven international experience with deep understanding of multiple jurisdictional requirements (i.e. exposure to working in multiple jurisdictions and having direct experience of multiple regulatory demands).
- Proven experience of driving and shaping Regulatory Compliance Policy framework and Compliance Manuals or similar at a peer organizations.
- Exceptional leadership capability; leads by example, fosters trust and is aligned with the Bank's vision and values.
- Proven change management experience with the ability to create a vision for change and influence key stakeholders and demonstrated ability to swiftly comply with leadership direction.
- Matrix management skills - demonstrated experience in an environment where management of regulatory requirements must be achieved in the context of the region, different jurisdictions, the line of business and multiple legal entities.
- Partnership skills - the candidate will need to partner closely with multiple stakeholders including EMEA Compliance Advisory teams and senior stakeholders across EMEA LOB's. This role must have the demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain excellent working relationships and credibility with all related risk partners and must be viewed as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders.
- Team-working skills - the candidate must be flexible in his/ her work style and be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
- Problem solving skills - the candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis, proffering alternative solutions aligned with the Wells Fargo approach.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills - excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) skills are essential with the ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff.
- IT literate - including use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Work, Powerpoint and other reporting tools but also ale to understand the use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
- Educated to degree level
- Unquestionable Ethics
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top