EMEA Compliance Testing & Validation Manager
About the role
The EMEA Head of Central Compliance Testing & Validation ("the Manager") will lead the regulatory compliance testing efforts within the region, including development and execution of a best in class and comprehensive compliance testing plan in line with enterprise and regional requirements. The individual will have proven senior leadership and matrix management skills and will provide strategic leadership and development of a team of experienced compliance professionals to assist in accomplishing the duties of the role. They will build relationships with regional and global stakeholders and risk teams in order to drive and execute the Annual Testing Schedule to successful conclusion and proactively and in a timely manner, communicate to relevant stakeholders how regulatory compliance risks have been assessed and the Plan progressed.
1. Strategic design and creation of the Annual Compliance Testing Plan
• They will create an Annual Compliance Testing Plan for the EMEA region which meets regulatory demands and corporate requirements.
• They will partner with relevant stakeholders and provide assurance on an ongoing basis that their program is fit for purpose - i.e. that they have personally driven through an appropriate jurisdictional coverage model covering key regulatory risks and are able to perform ad hoc targeted reviews where regulatory demand requires, have proactively sought out best deployment of resource and have a strong understanding of regulatory testing priorities.
2. Execution of the Annual Compliance Testing Plan
They will demonstrate progress against plan on an ongoing basis, address potential bottlenecks or escalate the same, identify synergies and appropriately communicate regulatory compliance risk issues in a timely manner to appropriate stakeholders. The Manager is responsible and accountable for ensuring that:
o All Compliance Reviews are appropriately scoped, communicated and launched
o Review work captures applicable regulatory rules and requirements
o Review Activity documentation is completed and appropriately retained and subject to very robust quality assurance review
o Compliance Testing related issues and corrective actions are identified, reported and tracked / validated to resolution;
o There is appropriate staffing for Review Activities and that resources are adequately trained to perform Review Activities in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards.
o There is robust, clear and periodic management reporting upon demand
3. Provision of Deep Leadership / Matrix Management expertise
• They are responsible for inspiring, leading, developing and cross training (as appropriate) their team members.
• They will drive and work with their teams to produce meaningful, swift and appropriate outputs in accordance with senior compliance leadership and regulatory standards.
Market Skills and Certifications
- • Extensive Compliance management experience gained within Wholesale Banking with strong understanding of associated products, services and business lines. Asset Management experience desirable.
• Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of regional regulatory requirements applicable within EMEA (i.e. strong understanding of monitoring / testing against UK, EU requirements with exposure to BAFIN, ACPR, DFSA, CBI highly advantageous).
• Deep and proven subject matter expertise in best in class Compliance Testing and Compliance Risk Assessment methodologies. Will have hands on experience in performing front to back elements of a Compliance Testing Program and impeccable quality assurance / control skills.
• Strong audit experience allied to proven leadership on regulatory compliance assignments desirable.
• Demonstrable track record of designing, implementing and successfully executing Annual Compliance Testing Schedules which meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Exceptional leadership capability; leads by example, fosters trust and is aligned with the Bank's vision and values.
• Proven change management experience with the ability to create a vision for change and influence key stakeholders
• Matrix management skills - demonstrated experience in an environment where management of regulatory requirements must be achieved in the context of the region, different jurisdictions, the line of business and multiple legal entities
• Partnership skills - the candidate will need to partner closely with multiple stakeholders including Country Compliance teams, Compliance Advisory groups, US Testing and Validation Teams and Lines of Business. This role must have the ability to cultivate and maintain excellent working relationship and credibility with all related risk partners and must be viewed as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders
• Problem solving skills - the candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis, proffering alternative solutions aligned with the Wells Fargo approach
• Highly developed communication and influencing skills - excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) skills are essential with the ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff
• Teamwork skills - the candidate must be flexible in his/ her work style and be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
• IT literate - including use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Work, Powerpoint and other reporting tolls but also ale to understand the use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment
• Unquestionable Ethics.
• Educated to degree level.
Back to top