Electronic Product Specialist - VP
- New York, NY
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses. Note: Additional OCC language is required to be added to Wholesale job openings. This language should be added at the bottom of the job description.
Equities Electronic Trading: The Wells Fargo Securities WATS team is designed to help clients in today's rapidly changing market environment and ever increasing fragmented landscape. Our team's main priorities are to deliver best execution, bespoke algorithms, and market structure insight to head traders, portfolio managers, and quants.
The WATS team is seeking a product specialist that can work in a fast-paced environment, analyze execution, index strategy, and market data to provide insights and market knowledge to WFS institutional clients, algorithm developers and management. The candidate should have prior experience with data and analysis associated with equity products. The candidate will interact with clients, technology partners and the business regularly to align goals and priorities.
Candidates should have the ability to manipulate and extract statistical information from large and complex data sets. Detail oriented with strong hands on analytical and problem solving skills with experience in data visualization preferred. This person will need to proactively solve data quality issues from both tactical and strategic perspectives including coordination with internal teams and external vendors (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, S&P, etc.). This product specialist will provide analysis and work closely with quantitative research teams to customize client strategies, suggest enhancements, and drive new product innovation.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- FINRA registration including Series 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 55 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience in equity data analysis and presentation including Index Research and Transaction Cost Analysis within a trading environment preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required, experience in Bloomberg or Thomson Reuters Eikon
- Understanding of equities products is required and of market microstructure
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills to bring Engineering and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
- Takes ownership of assignments and able to work independently
- Resourceful and willing to learn actively
- Being a self-starter is essential
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
- Registration for FINRA Series 55 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
NY-New York: 500 W 33rd Street - NEW YORK, NY
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top