EGS Securities Operations Servicing Manager 5
- Bangalore, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services
Wells Fargo Enterprise Global Services (WFEGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. WFEGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about WFEGS at our International Careers website .
The group provides global support services to equities, fixed income, derivatives, prime brokerage, collateral, financing and Futures Commission Merchant businesses. We proactively take a strategic perspective on the direction of the industry, vendors, customers and business with regards to improving operational efficiency. The entities supported include Wells Fargo Securities, LLC (WFS), Wells Fargo Bank, NA (WFBNA), Wells Fargo Prime Services (WFPS), Wells Fargo Securities International Limited (WFSIL) Wells Fargo Hong Kong and Japan. The Broker Dealer leads an increasingly complex securities process driven by increased regulation, business expansion and sophisticated customers.
About the role
Responsible for the overall operational performance of one or more processes within EGS in CIB Securities Operations. Contributes to formulation of organization wide operational strategy and policy, may serve on LOB/ Organization wide tasks or project teams. Manages processes and leads a team of 75+ team members.
- Manage multiple teams led by the managers to ensure successful service delivery to various stakeholders across the globe and ensure that BAU is processed as per SLAs
- To be proactive in identifying process and knowledge gaps, and effectively manage escalations
- Work very closely with Delivery teams on TAT Management, Process Improvements, Regulatory Compliance, Audits- Process/Transactional Level and adherence to SLAs , Workforce management, scheduling & rostering, leave planning
- Develop and maintain a world class and productive team to ensure strong focus on objectives, training, succession planning, career development, and managing career opportunities
- Interact with the team on daily basis, conduct monthly one-on-one meetings, s hould manage training needs of the team along with ensuring completion of the mandatory targets along with disciple, punctuality and compliance in addition to attrition management
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with global stakeholders, effectively syndicating on relevant issues, influencing to arrive at the right decisions
- Interact and communicate with the business partners / requestors on regular basis to help them manage their expectations
- Institute sturdy communication channels with business partners to manage escalations and take proactive steps to avoid any form of escalations
- Ensure operational practices are in compliance with relevant risk standards, policies and regulations to maintain an effective control environment
- Responsible for Business Continuity, Breaches/Incidents and Quality Assurance
- Support and manage the delivery of the firm's strategic programs in a high quality, cost effective, timely and sustainable manner with risks and issues identified, prioritized, escalated and managed in a timely and open fashion
- Lead the change initiatives across the Data function in a seamless manner in close partnership with the global stakeholders
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of the operational processes and to deep-dive and identify potential opportunities and drive towards executable solutions, improving controls and delivering cost saves
- Identify the need and scope of automation in various processes and work closely with the IT team
Market Skills and Certifications
- MBA or an advanced degree (or equivalent)
- 18+ years of experience in Investment Banking Operations, 10+ years of Broker Dealer operations experience with a top-tier bank covering Clearing, Settlement, Claims, corporate Actions operations, including 10+ years at managerial level
- Strategic thinking and good business judgment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with business partners and other support functions
- Connect to communicate and work in a cross-functional team to achieve common goals
- Strong organizational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver on commitments
- Must be a great team player with a high degree of flexibility, prepared to work in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Strong command over Microsoft applications, excellent presentation skills and effective written & verbal communication skills
- Structured and disciplined in approach, with strong execution focus and strong organization skills
- Proactive control and risk management, addressing gaps in processes and escalating issues to benefit the business and clients in a dynamic environment
- Ability to successfully influence across different groups and individuals to deliver high quality and timely deliverables
- Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities
- Experience working with senior leaders across Technology, Operations and Strategy
- Cash Equities - Clearing, Settlement, Claims
- Fixed Income - Clearing, Settlement, Claims
- Asset Servicing - Corporate Actions
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top