Digital Marketing Consultant 3 - Search Engine Marketing
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
The Consumer Financial Solutions (CFS) team focuses on the growth and management of Wells Fargo’s consumer credit card portfolio, including general purpose and co-brand cards. In addition, our team delivers industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers’ relationship with Wells Fargo and keep us focused on earning and re-earning more of their business. We also continue to explore innovative new solutions for helping consumers accomplish their financial goals. All of this is enabled by our strong teams in loan operations, project and systems delivery, customer excellence, strategy, analytics and our partners in risk, marketing and finance.
The Wells Fargo credit card digital marketing team is seeking a dynamic search engine marketer to join our team. The search engine marketing expert will be responsible for helping to drive new credit card account acquisitions through all aspects of search engine marketing. This critical role will develop, review and refine tests, the implementation of key strategies for the search channel while maximizing value. The successful candidate will cultivate and grow existing relationships with major search engines to keep Wells Fargo Credit Cards at the forefront of new search channel marketing techniques to achieve industry best-in-class position. This role will report directly to the Vice President of credit card search acquisitions and will have regular interaction with various digital marketing teams and senior leaders throughout the organization.
Responsibilities for this Digital Marketing Consultant 3 position include:
- Leading and driving the implementation of the strategic plan for paid search to achieve goals of acquiring quality accounts at an effective CPA
- Coordinating strategies with internal digital teams (display, affiliates and owned media) to leverage key initiatives from other teams that could further drive growth in search engine marketing
- Developing & executing test strategies, collecting and analyzing data, identifying trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Performing ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization and understanding attribution of search engine marketing
- Growing and optimizing our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Managing campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Supporting the integration of paid & natural search to create efficiencies
- Optimizing Wells Fargo’s natural search engine result to best position our credit cards
- Ensuring Search Marketing best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Bringing a thoughtful approach to the management of search engine channel marketing tactics
- Driving insights and best practices from working with partnerships at Google and Yahoo
- Recommending changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors
- Developing and implementing link building strategy
- Researching and implementing search engine optimization recommendations
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: marketing, digital marketing, digital platforms, or social media
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of recent search engine marketing experience
- Search marketing experience in credit card or financial services a plus
- Proven holistic search engine channel marketing experience
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Adobe, Marin, Kenshoo)
- Ability to optimize keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Experience developing and implementing a link building strategy
- Demonstrated ability researching and implementing search engine optimization recommendations
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and eagerness to work as member of a team
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0168767 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top