Digital Consultant 6 - UX Architect
- San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Wells Fargo Experience Design (XD) team designs experiences that people love and confidently engage to improve their financial lives. We work closely with Technology and Product Management to ensure we are problem-driven (versus solution) and customer-first. While we have individual expertise across product design, research, content strategy and operations, we all operate as empowered leaders with strong design rationale. As a team, we care about each other yet believe in radical candor, want to have fun while we work, and are obsessed with what's most important to our 30+ million customers and incorporating their voices into every decision!
The Product Design Architect partners with Research, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Data Analytics to ensure our most important product design initiatives are grounded in an overarching experience strategy with a clear line of sight to customer and business outcomes. The Architect is the lead user experience expert in charge of creating the blueprint for end-to-end customer experiences related to a core area of activity in the organization (e.g, Payments; Loans; Consumer Deposits and Credit Cards).
The UX Architect works with these partners to translate this blueprint into tangible, memorable experiences that align with the organization's strategy, and that aim to achieve its mid-to-long term goals. The UX architect leads, facilitates, guides and mentors teams to be more customer-centric, experimental, holistic, and to constantly challenge themselves to deliver outstanding new experiences.
The UX Architect is a leader within an Experience Team, working closely with the design executive for that Experience Team in developing the strategy and direction. They will be expected to lead initiatives which bring together senior stakeholders to drive collaboration, understanding and decision making. This role does not have direct reports but will be expected to lead multidisciplinary teams in a variety of design initiatives from customer insights development to prototyping new digital experiences.
- You're a broad-minded design leader with proven success delivering great experiences that cross mobile, web, and beyond. You are expert at Product Design and Product Strategy, strong in adjacent practices such as Information Architecture, Content Strategy/UX Writing, User Research and Prototyping.
- You prefer working in the fuzzy ambiguity of 'Big Picture' strategic challenges, and partner with executives on crucial initiatives that touch many teams. You wield methods and tools, including journey/service mapping, storytelling, product design and information architecture, and facilitation to tame such complexity and emerge with elegant solutions.
- You bring cross-functional teams together through a facilitative leadership style.
- You spend considerable time not just solving problems, but framing them to ensure teams are focused specifically on what's worth doing, and are delivering in a coordinated fashion, tying them together in service of the larger end-to-end experience.
- Partnering with an Experience Team design executive to develop and oversee the strategic direction and creative output of the product experiences in their area.
- Developing the blueprint for the end-to-end experience within an Experience Team, not just for the current moment, but up to 5 years from now. Working across Value Streams, and partnering with Principal Designers (the Value Stream design leaders), to bridge their efforts to deliver on this complete experience.
- Drive innovation and customer value through close partnership with leadership across product management, delivery, development, UX research, business analysis, and legal/compliance. Specifically, partner with director-level strategists, product architects, and software architects in the creation of the vision and the plans for realizing it.
- Create alignment on customer and business goals, developing a program of work to achieve those goals, and focusing efforts of the team on what really matters. Orchestrate and coordinate across teams, facilitating tough tradeoffs across Value Streams to ensure the creation of a coherent experience.
- You will practice facilitative leadership to enable smooth and productive collaboration with product development peers, executives, and other key stakeholders, driving towards solutions that incorporate a wide range of inputs, and resulting in others learning from you and inspiring others to want to work with you.
- Responsible for the UX vision and roadmap spanning multiple funding cycles. Work with multiple high-level stakeholders to prioritize and plan work based on customer and business KPIs.
- Develop and articulate the methods and approaches for framing and solving design problems.
- Oversee and mentor in the creation of common design deliverables including: Research Insights, Flows, Wireframes, Design Specifications, Prototypes and Content Decks.
- Lead in the creation of strategic design deliverables, including: research insights, strategy decks, customer journeys, visions of future experiences, experience architectures.
- Being recognized as an expert in the digital technology industry. May represent the Enterprise externally as a leading digital expert in the financial industry and/or councils and associations.
- 12+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- Financial services industry experience
- Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 12+ years' experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
- Skills: Demonstrated mastery/expertise in Product Strategy and at least 3 of the following: Interaction Design, Visual Design, Product Strategy, Information Architecture, Content Strategy, User Research, and Prototyping.
- Experience leading a program of work across multiple teams through the full product development cycle (discovery, concepts, prototypes, specs)
- Experience overseeing the output of multiple products or channels (digital, physical), preferably in multiple industries
- Consistently articulate a strong design rationale; storytelling skills that compel stakeholders; connect design decisions to broader strategic and business decisions; comfort presenting to all levels of seniority
- Experience managing creative design efforts in a complex environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $138,600 Mid: $198,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $115,500 Mid: $165,000
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top