Dealer Services - Collections Supervisor 2 - Edina, MN
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #2 Overall Auto lender (Source: Autocount)
Our Dealer Services team offers integrated financial services solutions designed primarily for the auto dealer community, providing financing and related services to both dealers and consumers nationwide.
This Collections Supervisor 2 position is located at our Edina, MN office.
There is a requirement for some late night and weekend shifts. Business need may determine additional hours.
- Responsible for overseeing daily production/operations and performance of the collections team to ensure the department’s performance and quality customer service goals are met.
- Ensures adherence to Company Policies and Procedures in addition to compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Reviews work and monitors phone calls of team members to verify adherence to Company Policies and Procedures and ensures that customer service objectives are met.
- Analyzes queue and process management workflow to ensure department production and performance goals are met.
- Approves and reviews accounts within the working supervisor queue and other queues as assigned.
- Handles escalated calls from team members and may initiate outbound calls and receive inbound calls when needed.
- Effectively communicates corporate and department objectives on a regular basis.
- Motivates and creates a positive working environment to achieve productivity and performance standards.
- Prepares performance appraisals and provides feedback and recommendations to Manager.
- Assesses team member development needs, drafts team member development plans, and monitors team member performance.
- Provides recommendations for hire, advancement, promotion or termination of employment.
- Trains, coaches and provides feedback to team members to support the business objectives of the department.
- Maintains positive customer relations and focuses on problem resolution with delinquent customers utilizing available tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: 3 days from 8 AM – 5 PM; 2 days from 11 AM – 8 PM; 2 to 3 Saturdays per month with coverage from 8 AM – 12 noon.
- 2+ years of collections experience
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer contact, customer service, or sales environment
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Experience leading, training, and providing feedback to staff and corresponding managers
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to perform advanced research and complex evaluations
- Ability to provide strong customer service while balancing the needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Knowledge and understanding of auto loan collections
- Knowledge and understanding of FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) or FACTA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
- Ability to interpret information and prepare/present reports
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Auto collections experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0044332 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top