Database Analyst 5
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will be responsible for understanding and analyzing complex business & data requirements. Prepare detailed functional specifications that drive the overall design of the data environment. This includes developing a broad understanding of the upstream and downstream systems and processes, including impact and map & gap analysis of current databases and reporting systems. This person will perform data analysis using a variety of SQL tools to query major databases and provide technical assistance as subject matter expert in identifying, evaluating and developing data models and solutions that meet business requirements. It will review and advise data validation and testing approach, systems testing, and support data quality processes. Provide training, resolve questions, and give direction to less experienced staff and contractors. Provide support to the leadership team on achieving strategic and tactical goals.
Leads the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases. Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction. Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following: designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases; leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts; developing management policies, procedures and standards; and business requirements identification, analysis and development. Provides mentoring, guidance and general oversight to less experienced staff in a variety of database design, administration and/or modeling activities. Leads complex projects.
- Understanding complex business processes and relationships to existing data. Working with business contacts, analysts and other subject matter experts to identify, understand and document business needs for data.
- Creating source-target mapping document and functional data specifications.
- Designing conceptual, logical and physical data models for highly complex data environments to support data integration efforts.
- Understanding upstream and downstream process, the impact of change to database and communicate, educate team members and partners.
- Working closely with the architecture community to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data architecture and data management strategies.
- Developing and creating data modeling patterns that support enterprise and line of business data strategy and data architecture vision.
- Reviewing data modeling artifacts of other team members to ensure compliance with standards, policies and procedures and data management best practices promoting proper data sharing, consistency and reuse.
- Providing data consulting services to application teams utilizing supported data environments.
- Providing expert-level consulting services in the identification and resolution of highly complex data challenges and issues.
- Serving as subject matter expert and steward for the architecture and content for assigned projects, systems and data.
- 7+ years of database design and administration experience
- 7+ years of data analysis experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of data collection and reporting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of data: importing, exporting, and report generation
- Knowledge and understanding of data modeling tools, such as Power Designer
- Knowledge and understanding of automated data quality program execution
- Knowledge and understanding of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture)
- Financial industry experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience delivering in a multi-tiered data warehousing environment.
- Experience in Financial Services (brokerage, investment preferable)
- Familiarity with ETL solutions using tools such as Informatica (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with Oracle and DB2
- Familiarity with Unix
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all organizational level
- Ability to present technical information intra/inter-departmentally
- Meeting and project facilitation skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top