Database Analyst 5
The Enterprise Database Management (EDM) Lending Database services group provides world class database support for the Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Legacy Wells Fargo Financial, Home Equity, and potentially, other lines of business at Wells Fargo. The Database Administration (DBA) team designs, creates, implements, and supports mission critical database systems with respect to security, backup, optimization and other tasks such as Disaster Recovery Planning.
This position will play a lead role in providing the highest level of Oracle expertise for performance improvements, problem resolution and database planning for a high-availability, critical Oracle database environment including Exadata.
- Analyzing database performance
- Database design/planning
- Capacity planning
- Resolution and tracking of the most complex Oracle issues
- Communicating critical support issues identified to Oracle Support Services and managing escalations
- Creating problem workarounds for open service requests
- Monitoring service requests and communicating status to others on the team
- Investigating recent SR reports
- Filing, tracking, and reporting SRs
- Recommending best practices designed to minimize future SRs
- Conducting quarterly account reviews
- Creating and implementing backup and recovery procedures
- Creating, filing, tracking, and reporting test cases
- Providing available product-specific white papers and bulletins
- Researching features and functionality of supported Oracle programs
- Researching information on problems/questions posed by application DBAs
- Provide on-call coverage for first response problem tickets for DBMS from Oracle and patching on UNIX systems, as well as Exadata
- Looking for the strength to be in Oracle
- Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction
- Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
- Designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases;
- Leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts;
- Developing management policies, procedures and standards; and
- Business requirements identification, analysis and development
- Provides mentoring, guidance and general oversight to less experienced staff in a variety of database design, administration and/or modeling activities
- Leads complex projects
The primary support for this position will be supporting Wells Fargo Oracle database applications. Therefore the resource selected must have hands on working knowledge of:
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle Dataguard
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle Golden Gate
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle CRS
- Ability to problem solve database issues while on-call 24×7
- Knowledge of performance data collection, monitoring and improvement
- Knowledge of backups and recovery
- Knolwedge of database security administration
- Knolwedge of database and server performance monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning
- Effective communication, ability to work independently, and leadership skills are key
- 7+ years of database design and administration experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience with Oracle technologies (partitioning, security, performance tuning, memory management, SQL tuning, statistics gathering, application audit logs, Oracle RAC, scheduling, backup and recovery, and data guard) and UNIX (AIX, Solaris, or Linux).
- 5+ years’ experience with performance monitoring, database and SQL tuning tools such as Explain plan, AWR, Grid control or similar technologies. Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and action plan to overcome performance issues.
- Experience supporting logical replication.• Bachelor’s degree in IT (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.) or related field
- 7+ years related experience in information systems design and development
- 3+ years of experience with ASM/CRS on Oracle 10G or 11G
- 3+ years of experience RMAN backup with Oracle 10G or 11G
- Proven ability to provide in-depth consulting services in the identification and resolution of database issues
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and trace data related issues throughout the architecture
- Ability to analyze how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions
- Ability to work off-hours, when required
- Demonstrated experience supporting Golden Gate replication.
- Demonstrated experience cross training and providing support for other applications and RDBMS Platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with Database Capacity Planning
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0162895 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top