Data Management Consultant 2
- Clive, IA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers' financial needs.
The DMS Data Management Consultant role will focus on managing activities related to data delivery (onboarding & consumption) from Wells Fargo's Enterprise Data Environment (EDE). This role is responsible for planning and executing the objectives of the data delivery process to support both the Data Management Solutions (DMS) group and impacted stakeholders across the enterprise, in accordance with the EDE Program strategy. This includes working with big data technologies alongside stakeholders as they submit requests to leverage (i.e., ingest data, consume data, etc.) the environment, understand their requirements, and coordinate scoping, sizing, and timeline planning post approval.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with the leaders of Wells Fargo Data Management Solutions to execute onboarding milestones for a strategic EDE program to ensure milestones are met, and reinforce adoption of new organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain and implement the Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) data delivery processes, which impact a wide audience of Wells Fargo team members, including:
- Initiating & overseeing original data intake assessment
- Initiating & overseeing signoff to begin further onboarding processes
- Ensure coordination between teams for all onboarding ingestion milestones
- Participate in and author communications around onboarding processes, to ensure and reinforce stakeholder understanding
- Report on status of onboarding initiatives, escalating roadblocks as necessary
- Interact with colleagues from other lines of business to ensure a "One Wells Fargo" approach to deliver consistent onboarding experience
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis
- 4+ years of program management experience
- 4+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 5+ years of experience in data management related areas such as metadata or lineage, data governance or data quality
- 5+ years of strategic planning and development experience
- 4+ years of experience coordinating initiatives across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to develop roadmaps and plans that enable strategies
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements
- Ability to create and improve process through strategic thinking
- 5+ years of experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to interact with a diverse team
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience as Analyst working various data consumption patterns such as BI dashboards, Extracts, Data Virtualization, Analytics, etc.
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top