Data Analytics Consultant, Wells Fargo Rail
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale's secured lending businesses including Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company's assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Rail is the largest and most diverse rail equipment operating lessor in North America, with more than 175,000 railcars and 1,800 locomotives. Based in Rosemont, IL, Wells Fargo Rail has the largest fleet of any rail operating lessor in North America, serving the North American market for rail equipment with customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The Data Analytics Consultant supports data management and advanced analytic solutions for Wells Fargo Rail (WFR). Critical to success, is an in-depth understanding of the underlying data for key business processes and proper business uses to complete data analysis and reporting requests using a variety of tools and methods.
This position supports projects related to data quality and the development of business intelligence and data warehouse solutions. This position supports senior business leaders, including the Chief Operating Officer, with predictive analytics, data mining and reporting needed to make data-driven decisions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Data Extraction -- Execute complex queries on large data sets needed to respond to ad-hoc data requests. Understand the data needed to answer business questions. Combine internal and external data sources as needed. Compile data from the relational database tables and/or data warehouse tables.
- Data Analysis --Identify and interpret trends and patterns in large and complex datasets. Analyze trends in key metrics.
- Data Integrity - Monitor audit reports and complete data reconciliations for data warehouse tables. Prepare data quality reviews, including analysis of findings. Research and analyze data collection inconsistencies and inaccuracies from source system tables. Plan and execute test plans and test cases that ensure data is accurate and complete. Propose recommendations to ensure future data quality.
- Metrics/Reporting --Present key performance indicators and other metrics on dynamic reports and dashboards. Design, develop, and maintain ongoing reports and dashboards that summarize large volumes of data in easy to read formats. Visualize data to help senior business leaders easily identify trends, opportunities, and problems.
- Advance Analytics - Use business intelligence data, statistical and financial analysis, to develop predictive models. Develop analytic capabilities to identify anomalies, outliers, emerging trends, and risks.
- Data Initiatives - Partner with WFR stakeholders to plan and implement data solutions that target business needs. Participate in functional design planning activities related to data sourcing.
- Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Support - Become a strong technical resource in the implementation of business intelligence tools. Lead functional requirements gathering and discovery workshops. Complete functional design specifications, data dictionaries, process and data flow diagrams, and data mapping.
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proficiency using query languages such as SQL
- Advanced proficiency in MS Access
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, including the use of pivot tables
- Experience in at least one data modeling language or tool such as R, Python
- Data analysis and reporting experience
- Understanding of relational databases
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload and maintain concentration while multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently after goals or objectives are established
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Ability to take large amounts of data and provide overview with validation of variances
- Ability to think analytically, define problems, extract large volumes of data, perform data comparison and validation, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Effectively present information and summarize key findings with data formatting that is easy to follow and appropriate to the audience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Power Point
- Advanced proficiency in MS Visio
- Knowledge of data warehousing principles
- Understanding of dimensional modeling
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Proficient with reporting and dashboard tools - using Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) or a similar business intelligence tool.
IL-Rosemont: 9377 W Higgins Road - Rosemont, IL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top