CX Interaction Designer 3 - Team Lead
Note: Highly qualified candidates will be allowed to telecommute majority of time, but must be in Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area for meetings, etc.
Within the Enterprise Information Technology/Corporate Technology group, this position is a User Experience (UX) Design Team Lead resource leading our Intranet Design & Usability service. This service offers design thinking and user-focused solution services to lines of business across the enterprise looking to advance their intranet site/application user experience. Our core UX Design service capabilities include: User Research, Usability Evaluation, Content Strategy, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, and User Interface Design.
This is a leadership role and will function in an inter-disciplinary way, facilitating collaboration with both business and technology while advocating for User Experience across the company and being a thought and practice leader in ‘applied UX’ to unite people around a concept and solve complex business problems. The successful candidate will have experience in strategic consulting, facilitating design-thinking sessions, and translating business requirements (written and spoken) into intuitive application interface solutions and persuasively communicating design deliverables to project stakeholders.
This leader will deepen engagement and increase productivity of Wells Fargo business intranet sites through advanced digital User Experience leadership. Specifically, this leader will:
- Lead and grow a team of User Experience (design and research) professionals; oversee work performed by the team and serve as a mentor. Perform resource planning activities that include full time employees and contract employees.
- Lead the team in defining and executing a UX strategy to meet business requirements. Common UX strategy options include things like conducting and analyzing user studies and usability testing, conducting heuristic evaluations, developing personas, leading and facilitating early-stage ideation, creating information architecture and building iterative interaction designs.
- Led the team in producing UX solutions. Use skilled facilitation to inspire and help cross-functional teams come to a shared understanding of business goals. Distill complex interactions into clear, understandable design solutions and clearly articulate your rationale. Negotiate design alternatives (within technology constraints) to arrive at an executable solution.
- Oversee and/or participate in the execution of strategic design projects that influence design, design thinking, and/or strategic direction of the corporation and/or business partner.
- Easily build strategic, trusted relationships with key business partner stakeholders and peers. .
- Provide product usability, evaluation, specifications, and/or support to product development teams, including creating and interpreting simple user tests to ensure we meet the needs and goals of our user base.
- Serve as industry-level design “advocate” with the ability to forecast and assess industry trends and their impact on design alternatives. Be a leader in assessing and incorporating emerging industry practices.
- Serve as an enterprise-level design “advocate” with the ability to lead and grow the Design/Usability Community of Practice to establish, advance, and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- 8+ years of experience in the following: communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic, and visual arts
- 8+ years of interaction design experience
- 5 + years of experience leading usability testing and user research in an e-business environment
- 1+ year of leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- End-to-end design experience including wireframes, prototypes and specifications documents
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive Science or Usability Certificate
- 8+ years creating UX specifications (wireframe, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction rule annotation).
- Experience facilitating collaborative design sessions with line of business to arrive at a shared technology agnostic design
- Experience working within Lean UX model, a highly collaborative, cross-functional methodology.
- Experience taking ideas and visions and give them a visual design concept.
- Experience with Information Architecture experience (e.g. content inventory, taxonomy, navigation, etc.).
- Experience in a leadership role within a Design/Usability Community of Practice.
- Demonstrated experience distilling complex interactions into clear, understandable design solutions and clearly articulate your rationale.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0046363 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top