CX Interaction Designer 3 (Senior Visual Designer)
Senior Visual Designer
Wells Fargo's Customer Experience Design (CXD) team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Visual Designer for one of our primary portals and framework, the Commercial Electronic Office® (CEO). The CEO platform leverages a responsive front-end framework that delivers 90+ applications to our commercial banking customers. You'll help define, advocate for, and drive visual design and brand direction, as well as help evolve and build our own scalable visual design system and best practices within the broader CXD team.
The Visual Design team seeks an experienced Senior Visual Designer with 7+ years of experience wearing many hats: designing for web-based applications and working with established framework components and standards; working with and evolving corporate brand strategies; prototyping based on user testing and research; working with accessibility experts; and helping to ideate, form and implement team deliberables and systems.
You live and breathe not only amazing UX and visual communication, but the deep details of typography, color, visual hierarchy, and patterns, as well as brand identity systems, and responsive UX product development. You advocate for best practices and standards that help form consistent, branded interfaces that maximize customer and user engagement. You also thrive working with complex data and forms, and have deep experience in concept development, prototyping, and optimizing final deliverables for all viewports.
You enjoy working with a diverse array of people, are a flexible and resilient collaborator and partner, and are naturally an adaptable, organized thinker and problem solver. You embrace not only the creative and the collaborative, but also understand the need for efficient productionalization, as well as managing timelines and deliverables for complex projects.
- Produce excellent hands-on visual design work, files, documentation, and deliverable that adhere to established and evolving framework components, accessibility, and UX guidelines and standards
- Align with Sr. Visual Design Manager team and vision strategies, as well as on project strategies with cross-functional team members
- Ensure exceptional, on-time visual design deliverables that adhere to brand, accessibility and UX standards
- Push creative standards as required on strategic projects
- Ensure the success of the Visual Design team by strongly collaborating with the team on an ongoing, long-term basis
- Perform and deliver upon VisD best practices and standards, maintaining design and brand integrity though all phases, and for the final deliverables
- Maintain a high standard of visual design file setup, documentation specs, and process tools
- Align and adhere to currant Wells Fargo and Framework standards; maintain integrity and consistency of visual design file setup and documentation specs, and final deliverables
- Attend project and status meetings as required, providing strong Visual Design presence and advocacy within cross-functional teams
Attributes We Seek
- Creative and intellectual curiosity
- Enthusiasm for the internet as a medium of interaction and communication
- Awareness of brand and UX visual design trends and developments
- Enjoys solving complex problems
- Flexibility - the ability to solve strategic problems and nail down tactical details while accounting for/adapting to technical and business constraints
- A sense of humor
- Grace under pressure
- Commitment to collaboration
- Humble confidence
- A sense of excitement about the scale and impact of world-class enterprise work
- 8+ years of experience in the following: communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic, and visual arts
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years demonstrated visual design experience designing for web-based applications, using an established framework design system
- 7+ years of experience applying creative and design vision through all phases of design, from concept to development, including work with technology during these phases
- Demonstrated experience design for multi-device experiences with responsive design (mobile, Android, native)
- Demonstrated experience designing with Accessibility compliance standards
- Demonstrated experience working with large, cross-functional project teams
- Experience working with waterfall and iterative design and development processes
- Familiarity with accessibility considerations and UI best practices
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Mac OS a must, as well as ability to work within internal database and Confluence
- Familiarity with front-end mechanics, and HTML/CSS mechanics
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the visual design lead on projects, and applicable file work, including redlines, and design comps and versions
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0011243 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top