CTS Account Manager 2
This position is within Corporate Trust Services (CTS) – CMES (Corporate, Municipal & Escrow Services).
CMES is a leading provider of corporate trust services, administering public and private debt issues throughout the United States. An Account Manager 2 is responsible for developing and maintaining strong customer relationships for assigned municipal and corporate debt accounts. Provides primary client contact, proactive communication and consultation, and coordination of internal partners for the effective delivery of Corporate Trust products and services.
An Account Manager represents CTS in developing and maintaining client relationships; reviews documents for compliance, works directly to administer a complex portfolio of debt accounts adhering to established policies and procedures while minimizing risk. Oversees daily account administration, processing, maintenance and oversight according to policies/procedures and independently manage the ongoing transactions to the portfolio. Proactively handling, escalating and resolving customer issues, interface with operational areas; internal departments and outside vendors as needed.
Administers and manages large and/or critical/complex accounts. Ensures compliance requirements and monitors transactions. Ensures the accurate establishment, administration and operation of the accounts. Responsible for reading and interpreting moderately complex trust and other legal documents in order to identify administrative requirements and responsibilities. Ensures compliance with regulatory and risk management policies. Acts as a resource to newer account managers. May collect fees and delinquencies. Travel may be required.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: trust, financial services, or account management
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Experience reading and interpreting complex legal documents
- Ability to instruct others
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive math skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Corporate, Public, Structured or Project Finance
- Relationship Management or Account Management experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0043067 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top