Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 4 - Investment Data Architecture
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This highly visible Credit Risk Analytics Consultant (CRAC) position will report to the Senior Vice President of APRA within the Fiduciary & Investment Risk Oversight (FIRO) group. This position will be responsible for the governance and management of enterprise data within the organization and will lead the specification and development of FIRO's data solution architecture which interfaces with multiple lines of business across the enterprise that have fiduciary and investment risk exposure. The person in this position will work together with leaders in FIRO and key business and technology partners across the organization to ensure successful execution and effective communication of the fiduciary and investment risk data architecture strategy. In addition, the role will provide thought leadership and advice on all data management components to the executive and senior leadership team.
This CRAC position is responsible for owning and managing the process that translates senior management business requirements and develops department vision, strategy, service levels, and business objectives with regard to business data. The person in this role will also represent the business for large scale enterprise data related efforts, such as data consolidation to master DBs, by ensuring comprehensive data architecture and data mapping that reflects business needs. Finally, this role will mandate clear, timely, and accurate communication and reporting to leadership as well as to stakeholders to ensure clarity of business results. This is a vital role needed to ensure the success of the Business Integration area as well as Ops and FIRO overall.
This Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 4 will define and implement interim and strategic long term solutions that will allow the FIRO group to effectively oversee fiduciary and investment risk. As the project lead, this person will communicate daily with the internal team, executives, and vendors, when needed, to ensure operational efficiency and timely completion of processes and projects.
Major initiatives include:
- Implementation of internal Service Level Agreements between partners within the organization related to data and technology
- Projects to automate the manual reporting within the existing reporting landscape to replace the error prone manual work that occurs between data sources
- Development and updating of data requirement documents as necessary based on increased scope and net new requests for internal FIRO partners
- Support for the software/hardware acquisitions, integration, and specification that support the FIRO data architecture plan and scaling strategy
- Coordination with key internal partners across the enterprise (WIM, FMG, CTS, etc.) to gather data and feeds
- Development of and support for a consolidated data repository that can be used for collecting and retaining internal and external data for current and future use, giving the business the ability to view complete, consolidated, timely, and accurate reports, and perform analytics and risk management efficiently
- Management of strategic projects that encompass both short and long term business data needs
- Identification of training needs of end users and staff, and development of the necessary training plans and procedures to meet those needs
- Management of critical technology relationships with consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers / executive leadership
- Review of critical business needs with the executive team; creation, production, and automation of key metrics reports for the executive team
- Subsequent centralization of current reporting requests to eliminate potential report metric overlap and remove data integrity issues to help define gaps in current reporting as well as creating a legend so that teams know who to go to for current reports as well as future reporting needs
- Compilation and analysis of operational and transactional data and creation of high level reports of operational financial and performance results, including trend analysis, status of major initiatives, escalating issues, and potential solutions
- Ensuring that all FIRO reporting is compliant with G&O and BCBS standards and in accordance with enterprise standards
- Organization of third party data with key external vendors (e.g. Bloomberg, S&P, CRSP etc.) and troubleshooting of issues as necessary
- Performance of manual data validation, cleansing, and normalization of data that is received from internal partners across Wells Fargo
- Leadership of the development, improvement, and implementation of best practices, standards, and procedures to improve the overall quality of the data
- Management of data governance activities to ensure quality and consistency of the data supporting the business
- Development of UAT data testing strategies for large and small scale projects within the organization (i.e. ERMT project)
- Creation of UAT documentation on testing procedures and parameters used to conduct UAT testing
- UAT Testing - responsibility for user acceptance testing prior to reports / data being deployed into production
- Providing ongoing system support, troubleshooting, and testing, as well as the testing involving performance and adequacy of systems
Preferred location is 301 S Tryon St, Charlotte, NC; however other major Wells Fargo hub locations may be considered.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Data management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- 10+ years of leadership or management experience
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
- Experience participating in multiple concurrent projects or large scale individual projects
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one of the following statistical related fields: applied mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or engineering
- Engineering and architecture experience with big data
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using SQL or similar querying methods
- SQL experience
- Knowledge and understanding of C++
- Knowledge and understanding of C#
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, with advanced skills in Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of VB (Visual Basic)
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Project coordination experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, tools, and environments
Other Desired Qualifications
- Expert knowledge of data management concepts and industry best practices
- Proficiency with VBA
- 5+ years of management consulting or leadership experience that includes analysis, development, and execution of business strategies within a complex organization (preferably in the technology and Asset Management industries)
- 10+ years of experience in information architecture delivery
- 10+ years of experience in helping large organizations define data management standards & governance procedures
- 10+ years of experience leading teams on delivery projects
- Ability to work with and influence peers, team members, and senior management
- Solid negotiation and consensus building skills
- Prior experience with risk products such as MSCI Barra-One, Fact Set, Barclays Point
- Understanding of Factor Based analysis in Barra One
- Experience being hands on to get reporting efforts going; willingness to "roll up sleeves" and fulfill data requests
- Understanding of Investment process with regards to Fixed Income and Global Equities
- Understanding of Risk / Portfolio Terminology i.e., VAR, Tracking Error, Volatility, options
- Advanced knowledge of the supported business functions, processes / procedures, workflow, systems, and transactions
- Proven experience delivering on extremely aggressive and complex projects
- Proven experience with delivering projects in the Risk and Due Diligence space
- Ability to effectively partner with both internal and external partners to collaborate and deliver solutions to the business
- Ability to function well in high pressure situations
- Experienced leader with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability to change; managing smooth transition from current to desired state
- Self-directed and highly motivated
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0215227 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top