Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 3
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Unsecured Credit Risk team manages the credit quality of the unsecured CCS portfolios, partnering with Consumer Financial Services, Education Financial Services and Retail Services from origination through account management and authorizations to collections.
The Consumer Unsecured Credit Risk organization supports the consumer credit cards, retail services, educational finance services, and personal lines and loans portfolios. We are seeking a talented individual contributor for Allowance for Credit Loss (ACL) and Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) modeling.
This contributor will be able to adeptly manipulate large, complex datasets to generate business insights on portfolio risk profiles and be comfortable verbally explaining as well as documenting risk drivers, segmentation analysis and key portfolio trends and relationships.
She or he will independently conduct statistical and econometric modeling for ACL and CCAR (stress) purposes, and own model robustness, accuracy, monitoring and regulatory compliance (including documentation of model, process and procedures). She or he will execute loss model production and provide model output assessments.
She or he will communicate with business partners, senior management, model governance and regulators on model theory, application and compliance. She and he will also provide coaching and mentoring to lower level analysts.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- A Master’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of SAS experience
- 1+ year of statistical modeling experience
- A Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
Other Desired Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experiences in efficient and effective SAS programming to manipulate, manage and work with large databases in SAS
- Demonstrated 4+ years of experiences in a statistical model development/validation environment utilizing best practices and methodologies, including data cleansing, sampling, model design, model assessment and performance measurement design and evaluation
- Excellent project management skills in managing multiple projects with challenging timelines
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to document and present model development process and analytical results suitable for audience of all technical levels
- Ability to adapt to the new modeling requirements and raised standards
- Ability to effectively interact with model validation and governance teams
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and apply prudent credit risk management principles
- PhD in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, physics, mathematics or statistics
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0112592 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top