Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 2
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
About Our Team:
As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within Corporate Credit that:
- Reviews appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
Real Estate Valuations Services Analytics (REVS-A) provides our line of business and risk partners with residential real estate market, portfolio valuation intelligence and risk based models to drive both origination and loss mitigation strategies. REVS-A assesses the cost, accuracy, and timeliness of valuation solutions and partners with business units to align these solutions with their needs and risk tolerances.
As part of the Residential Valuation Analytics (REVS-A) team, this position will be key in providing insightful analytics and reporting to help build business strategy related to residential valuation reviews. The team member will also be responsible for building and enhancing Tableau dashboards that monitor review pipelines, completed reviews, team productivity and accuracy as well as other metrics that improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Make insightful recommendations which will directly impact the business
- Compile and mine data from multiple cross business sources as well as external data sources, ensuring data accuracy and developing expertise in these sources
- Respond to requests for customized reports and ad hoc analyses for the RVA team and business partners, work with team and partners to craft the approach
- Identify business requirements and translate business needs into complex analyses to assess and/or protect against risk exposure
- Identify and monitor portfolio trends through analyses using SAS, SQL, Tableau, and Excel as primary tools
- Work with managers to apply data to business goals and analytical requirements, such as enhancement of and continued support of business tools used in decision making
- 5+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a Master s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, or engineering and 3+ years of risk reporting experience
- 5+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Tableau experience
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer lending data and analytics
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of the Appraisal Industry
- Experience with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage collateral data
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0017439 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Back to top