Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 1
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind. If it's not good for our customers, it's not good for Wells Fargo.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We believe everyone on our team is important and deserves respect for who they are and how they contribute to our success.
The Unsecured Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Acquisitions Risk - Loss Estimation and Analytics Team is looking for a Credit Risk Analytics Consultant 1.
You will perform deep dive analysis on strategic segments to derive loss estimation curves for our Cards, Personal Lines and Loans Acquisition Risk efforts. You will also be rounding out your analytic and project management skills by taking on related research and development projects.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop loss estimates for our newly acquired Card, Loan, and Line accounts, for periodic cohort updates and key strategic initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and tracking reporting for loss estimate efforts
- Consult with business partners to understand current operations and marketing/risk strategies to recommend proper loss estimation methodology and metrics
- Understand and validate the key financial metrics and impacts related to loss estimation
- Research to enhance the current loss estimation methodologies and procedures in production
- Prepare the needed data inputs for loss estimation development and tracking
- Documentation and presentation to senior management team and regulators
- 2+ years of experience in risk reporting, analytics, or a combination of both; or a Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, operations research, mathematics, engineering, or business
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience and responsibility for loss estimation analytical driven role
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience to use SAS (including macro), SQL, Excel (including pivot table), Word, and Power Point
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MS Degree in Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Finance or similar quantitative fields
- Base and Advanced SAS certificates are strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
CA-Concord: 1655 Grant Street - Concord, CA
DE-Wilmington: 2200 Concord Pike - Wilmington, DE
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
0112564 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Senior Business Initiatives Leader for the Innovation Group
Kelli leads a team within Wells Fargo’s Innovation Group. Her team’s focus is to work with areas of the business on engagement and collaboration to help advance their innovation and technology strategies.
Back to top