Credit Portfolio Consultant 2/Credit Risk Acquisition Strategy
In Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI), we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Solutions, Deposit Products Group, Innovation, Operations, Treasury Management and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Unsecured Credit Risk team manages the credit quality of the unsecured CCS portfolios, partnering with Consumer Financial Services, Education Financial Services and Retail Services from origination through account management and authorizations to collections.
The Consumer Credit Card Acquisitions Risk area has an exciting and visible opportunity for an experienced risk consultant to drive analytics and decision strategy for credit card acquisitions. This individual will support design, development, tracking and reporting of credit card acquisition strategies and conduct ongoing research and proactively follow-up on existing policies.
The selected individual will:
- Manage complex analysis to policy to assure profitable growth while minimizing credit/operating losses and other risk exposures with ability to adapt to changing economic/regulatory environments
- Evaluate and size opportunities, prioritize work, build business cases, adhere and implement test and learn discipline
- Partner with Consumer Lending Group Credit, CARE team to develop and utilize new sources of data, both internal relationship data and bureau data needed to manage credit policy
- Conduct data aggregation, monitoring and reporting on various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, delinquency, and loss rates in order to inform policy and underwriting strategy decisions
- Create and implement reports and conduct ad hoc analysis based on requirements coming from internal/external partners
- Spot, analyze and explain trends in new vintage profiles and performance
- Demonstrate strong independent use of SAS/SQL and data analysis/querying tools to test hypothesis and develop business cases
- Develop and present strong, well communicated incremental business cases
- Uphold and be an advocate for Wells Fargo risk culture statement
- Preferred location is San Francisco, CA, Concord, CA and West Des Moines, IA.**
- 4+ years of risk experience
- A Master’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of consumer lending experience
- 2+ years of SAS programming experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Highly proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Works effectively through change, able to multitask
- Proven experience in building analytical business cases explaining root cause of trends
- Demonstrated excellence at developing sound processes, and when needed, evaluating and enhancing existing processes
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0112571 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top