Credit Portfolio Consultant 2 (Payment Card Fraud Detection Analytics)
- Phoenix, AZ
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Fraud & Claims Management (FCM) team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses. The team reviews account activity and high-risk transactions to prevent victim and perpetrator fraud, processes check fraud and Automated Clearing House (ACH) claims, investigates and resolves customer disputes (fraud and non-fraud) on all transaction types and manages all Wells Fargo identity theft cases.
The Fraud & Claims Management team is seeking a highly motivated professional with experience in predictive modeling and data analysis to join their Credit Card Fraud Risk Management team as Credit Portfolio Consultant 2. This role is highly dynamic and will require critical thinking and a tactical approach to problem solving. The selected individual will have the following major responsibilities:
- Research, develop, evaluate, and execute new and existing fraud mitigation strategies
- Utilize advanced analytic capabilities to perform event-based and root cause analysis to effectively detect and mitigate fraud risk for the Wells Fargo Credit Portfolio
- Detection and mitigation of card fraud, investigate the root cause of fraud, create new or improve existing models or processes that mitigate the fraud risk and compromise events, to improve customer experience for the bank
- Drive new and improved fraud monitoring and detection capabilities including creating insightful dashboards / data visualization to track and monitor key business metrics
- Translate complex data from multiple sources, formats, data structure into actionable and tangible strategies
- Partner with Card Operations, Product, Fraud Claims, Compromise Management, and Strategy Implementation teams to understand and analyze all fraud mitigation processes including transaction decisioning, post-decision customer contact/analysis, and fraud claims processing
- Support authorization systems / score migration and monitoring as well as improvement to data infrastructure
- Stay current with new and developing payment methods in the payment card space, proactively identify the fraud risk that each method may create
- 4+ years of risk experience
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of fraud risk and mitigation: strategies to reduce or mitigate loss and fraud exposures
- Experience with predictive analysis software or applications such as Knowledge Studio or Knowledge Seeker
- Predictive modeling experience (including logistic regression)
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Tableau experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Credit card risk management experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top