Credit Portfolio Consultant 1 (Fraud Risk Analytics)
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
The Wells Fargo Deposit Products Group (DPG) offers innovative checking, savings and payment solutions that form the core of our customers’ relationship with Wells Fargo and fulfill a broad array of their financial needs. We make our products and services intuitive so they are simple to use and fully integrated to deliver a superior customer experience through all of our channels. Wells Fargo is #1 in debit card transactions and is the 2nd largest debit card issuer in the United States, serving millions of customers and processing over 7 billion purchase transactions each year.
DPG is seeking a highly self-motivated, investigative, curious, and computer savvy Credit Portfolio Consultant to join the Debit Card Fraud Risk Management Team. The main responsibility for this role will be to collaborate with other internal and external analyst / partners to fight and detect debit card fraud, investigate the root cause of fraud, create new or improve existing models or processes that mitigate the fraud risk to improve customer experience for the bank. The candidate will require excellent technical skills to proficiently analyze large volume of debit card account level and transaction level data and develop computer processes on Unix to automate business intelligence processes to assist fraud detections and risk mitigations. A successful candidate will also support other team members in report and process automations, ad-hoc analytics, and process testing and data validations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive new and improved MIS capabilities including creating insightful dashboards / data visualization to track and monitor key business metrics.
- Translate complex data from multiple sources, formats, data structure into actionable and tangible strategies.
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve existing risk strategies. Includes conducting analytics, building new strategies, building / designing business cases, presenting and obtaining Senior Management buy-in. Will also support the implementation, testing, and monitoring of strategies.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify business needs and risk exposure
- As part of the Debit Card Fraud Risk Management Team, effectively detect and mitigate fraud risk for the Wells Fargo Debit Card Portfolio
- Querying large data sources to support data driven risk mitigating strategies without compromising customer experience
- Reviewing and analyzing business intelligence reports to look for risk mitigation opportunities
- Partnering with other team members to support real-time or near real-time transaction authorization strategies
- Collaborating with internal and external business partners to support a wide variety of analytical projects/process enhancements
- Contributing to the design and execution of early fraud detection and risk mitigation process
- Suggesting improvements of current models and workflows to increase effectiveness of early fraud detection and risk mitigation
Location: Concord, CA; San Francisco, CA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- 2+ years of risk experience; or a Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, operations research, mathematics, engineering, or business
- 1 + year of computer application development experience
- 2+ years of experience using data and analytics to inform and develop risk mitigation strategies
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good data analytical and validation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of fraud risk and mitigation: strategies to reduce or mitigate loss and fraud exposures
Other Desired Qualifications
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St – San Francisco, CA
CA-Concord: 1220 Concord Ave – Concord, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0101557 PYMTVIRSOLSINN/PVSI WH
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top