Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
Main Function of the Role:
The role is responsible for the underwriting of new and existing floorplan lending transactions of a dedicated portfolio of small and medium sized dealers in the multiproduct segment. The customer base is located in the D/A/CH region, the Benelux, Southern and Eastern Europe.
The Underwriter will have their own delegated lending authority and will be required to make written recommendations to management for those deals above their own lending authority.
- Assessing credit risk profile of SME transactions and approving or recommending those transactions are an appropriate investment decision for Wells in compliance with CDF strike zone. This will include new transactions, increase requests as well as the annual review of existing transactions.
- Working collaboratively with Commercial and Account Management team to ensure timely collection of all documentation and information relevant for effective analysis and decision making.
- Reviewing and analysing financial and non-financial information in collaboration with all stakeholders and preparation of credit pitch documents to a high standard to achieve right/first time approvals.
- Providing analysis and deal structuring support on larger &/or more complex deal exposures where applicable.
- Communication/negotiation with Credit Insurance companies on potential coverage requirements for unsecured transactions.
- Actively supporting the x-functional team in maintaining wing-to-wing dealer transaction cycle time within agreed timeframe.
- Responsible for carrying out the risk rating process for all dealer transactions in line with WFCF Policy and relevant EMEA CDF procedures.
- The Credit Analyst at all times should operate in compliance with CDFs risk appetite and at all times dealer transactions should be compliant with the Vendor programs to which they relate.
- Adherence to Credit Risk Policies and Procedures in executing on above responsibilities including strict adherence to delegated investment authorities.
- Responsible for ensuring all approval conditions are satisfied, finance and other legal documents are appropriately executed and a closing memo is prepared confirming the transaction is eligible for funding.
- Providing training / underwriting expertise, where required.
- Participation in customer meetings, where required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Profound Risk Management / Underwriting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels... ensuring all communications (verbal & written) are of the highest standard: professional, appropriate & proactive at all times.
- Exhibits inclusive behaviour, team work orientated and ability to engage stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge and implement value added improvements.
- Distinct problem solving/decision making skills.
- Willingness/readiness for continued development / personal growth
- Microsoft products - excel, word, power point, outlook
- Work within the framework of company regulations e.g. data protection, ensuring compliance at all times.
- Fluency in German and English required; Good working knowledge of Polish language (other language skills i.e. Spanish/Italian desired)
- Trained banking professional (Bankkaufmann /-frau)
- University Education in related field.
- Background in Factoring
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top