At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo's enterprise success.
The successful candidate will join a small and growing team in the Global Commercial & Securities Division of the Wells Fargo Legal Department, providing primary legal counsel and support to the Risk, Compliance, and COO teams in the Wholesale Banking Group (WHSL). The successful candidate's principal responsibility will be to provide legal support on multiple complex projects with regulatory impact to WHSL. Specific responsibilities for this position include: (i) coordinating and communicating across a cross-disciplinary team of WHSL Risk, Compliance, and COO leaders on multiple high-level issues and projects, (ii) coordinating and communicating across the Global Commercial & Securities Division to ensure that issues and events are understood and evaluated with appropriate subject-matter expertise, (iii) coordinating and escalating issues to Legal Department leadership to promote awareness and transparency, and (iv) providing sophisticated interpretation of various federal and state laws and regulations.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate on complex projects and provide support to cross-sectional group of business clients, Risk and Compliance partners, and colleagues in the Legal Department
- Knowledge and exposure to legal issues encountered by a multi-national financial services company
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0158675 LEGAL DEPT
Back to top