Counsel 1 -- Technology and Processing Support Attorney
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo's enterprise success.
We are seeking an attorney to join the Technology and Processing Support Team in the Third Party Contracts Section of the Legal Department at our offices in Charlotte, North Carolina or Minneapolis, Minnesota. The attorney will provide legal support for third-party contracts and other matters to multiple business divisions and lines of business. Support will include, but not be limited to:
- providing legal advice and support with structuring, drafting, and negotiating various transactional documents including, but not limited to, contracts related to software, hardware, cloud computing, data, processing services, card networks, and payments;
- advising clients on risk management, conflict resolution, and contract interpretation, compliance, remediation, and enforcement;
- advising clients on regulatory issues related to third-party issues;
- managing legal escalations from Wells Fargo's large procurement organization, Supply Chain Management; and
- developing training, templates, guidance, processes, and procedures, primarily related to third-party contracting.
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) degree
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Recent legal experience resolving complex contract issues and representing clients with respect to significant contract and business matters
- Recent legal experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of complex technology and processing services agreements, especially in transactions where counterparty is Fortune 100 company or has market-leading technology
- Experience advising management on complex legal, regulatory and business issues
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts across wide range of fields and synthesize their disparate advice and recommendations to create coherent work product
- Active State Bar Membership must be obtained within 1 year of hire date
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0048355 LEGAL DEPT
Back to top