Attorney will become a member of the Clearing and Operations team within the Wealth and Investment Management Division of the Law Department, providing legal support and counsel associated with the retail brokerage activities of the corporation. Candidate should be able to work independently but may consult with a more senior attorney and/or have key points of work reviewed by a more senior attorney. Candidate must demonstrate flexibility to handle a wide variety of tasks and should excel in time management. Specific responsibilities include handling matters from retail brokerage offices regarding general legal issues, including estates, trusts, guardianships, custodians, tax waivers, and powers of attorney, as well as client agreements and other contractual matters. Attorney will also be responsible for providing legal analyses, reviewing/updating policies and procedures, as well as other tasks as needed, including research of statutes and regulations.
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0104715 LAW DEPARTMENT
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top