Corporate Responsibility and Community Relations Manager
This role will report to the Senior Community Relations Manager and will be responsible for developing and implementing community and economic development projects, financial education, team member involvement, and community related initiatives and partnerships. This position is located at 333 South Grand Avenue in Los Angeles, CA and does not offer relocation assistance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Development of community relations strategies, policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance, with a focus on housing, workforce development and financial education in Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- Representing the company in all aspects of community outreach to assess community credit needs and the company's effectiveness in meeting those needs
- Contributes significantly to the company's OCC Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) exam rating by ensuring that the investment of Wells Fargo assets supports the growth of LMI communities
- Establishes and maintain relationships with government officials, community organizations, minority groups and key stakeholders to achieve Wells Fargo corporate social responsibility goals within the community
- Monitor and maintain current knowledge of public programs aimed at supporting and/or subsidizing community development efforts
- Establishes and maintains relationships and partnerships for a large geographical area with large deposits and team member representation
- Provides strategic counsel and regular interaction with business executives on managing Reputation Risk
- Working closely with Senior Manager, being the subject matter expert and provide counsel around the development of products, policies and procedures for LMI communities to ensure consistency and compliance across all programs
- With high visibility internally and externally works closely with the various business lines to achieve goals in building healthier and more prosperous communities
- Exercises the usual authority of a manager, including selection and on-going development of staff, ensuring personal growth of the team
- Represents company and mitigates reputation risks in all aspects of community relations
- Assesses community needs and the company's effectiveness and efficiency in meeting those needs and recommends changes and program improvements to management
Corporate Responsibility and Community Relations operates as the link between the company and the communities we serve, focusing on stakeholder engagement and corporate social responsibility strategies and programs. The group includes teams that manage the company's, corporate philanthropy, environmental affairs, community relations, diversity and inclusion, and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) risk management.
- 8+ years of community relations experience
- 4+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge and experience in community development and economic development including experience with the Community Reinvestment Act
- Experience working with federal and state regulations around affordable housing and workforce development
- Experience creating strategic plans for community and economic development projects
- Experience securing positive news coverage for proactive storytelling and strategic reputation management
- Experience developing operational reporting, key performance metrics and analyzing complex data
- Experience managing budgets for ongoing operations as well as project investments
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0015154 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top