Corporate Banking Relationship Manager
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
The Relationship Manager serves as key support for a rapidly growing Deposit, Lending and Trade Services portfolio in China. The role is expected to manage existing and develop new relationships which require strong Product, Market and Compliance experience. Proactive involvement is required to execute the CBG business mandate, with primary focus on developing and driving growth with US, European & Asian MNC subsidiaries operating in China. This is an ideal position for a hard-working and ambitious individual who wants to work in a stimulating environment with tremendous growth opportunities, where teamwork and collaboration are valued and rewarded.
Primary areas of responsibility will cover the following areas:
- Develop and manage existing and new U.S., European & Asian Subsidiary wholesale banking relationships with China located companies. Develop and implement strategic relationship plans for priority customers.
- Work with Wells Fargo's U.S. & European offices to gain referrals from the U.S. & European CBG Parent companies for their subsidiaries in China.
- Primary products will be RMB Deposits, RMB lending (Short Term Working Capital and Term Loans), Commercial Distribution Finance and Trade Finance.
- Provide "China-specific" advice and expertise to Wells Fargo's U.S. offices. Participate in the continuing education of all Wells Fargo teams on the China bank wholesale markets and economy generally.
- Actively develop relationships with China wholesale organizations that have U.S. parents, so as to assist Wells Fargo in raising its profile with China wholesale companies.
- Build Wells Fargo's brand within the China wholesale business community.
- Work closely with the Head of Subsidiaries - Asia Pacific and Regional Bankers based in Singapore & in Hong Kong to build the CBG business.
- Grow the Salesforce activity and Pipeline for the team in China, working with the CBG Consultants and Global Corporate Bankers in the U.S.
Market Skills and Certifications
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- 7-10 year track record of professional success as a seasoned Relationship Manager covering US & European MNC Subs in China. Experienced Relationship Manager in current/previous role for a large bank with proven ability to build close relationships with clients.
- Extensive experience in China with Regional Treasury Centers and Subsidiaries of large U.S. & European Multinational Corporations. Experience of covering clients regionally across Asia
- Good understanding of financial market products in China.
- Strong credit background and broad understanding of transactional banking products of cash management, trade services, foreign exchange and credit.
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, email, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player with ability to coordinate with product partners and support functions
- Capacity to take pressure and deliver business objectives, complete task deadline and prioritize workload are some key traits of a successful candidate
- Proven experience in risk recognition and portfolio management
- Reputation as a strong team player with high personal integrity
- Proficient in Mandarin (written and spoken)
Back to top