Corporate Banking Intern Analyst
Wells Fargo's International Group operates from 35 countries and territories outside the U.S., including branches in Beijing, the Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, and Toronto. The business serves the financial needs of U.S. corporate and commercial customers doing business globally, as well as multinational companies doing business in the U.S.
Corporate Banking provides financial services to US Wells Fargo customers that have international business and European companies with business presence in the US.
A new fixed term contract opportunity for a Corporate Banking Intern/Analyst has arisen within the team based in London; providing support to Corporate Portfolio Managers, Relationship Managers and Business Managers working with investment grade corporate clients.
- Supporting the Relationship Manager throughout the entire sales process for our clients' credit and non-credit needs including coordination of internal and external support tasks.
- Assist portfolio managers and relationship managers with analyzing loan requests, borrower information and financial statements, industry and business analysis to support underwriting of moderately complex credit relationships within CorporateBanking.
- Monitor customer financial performance, credit quality rating, and compliance with financial covenants. Prepare financial updates, report on key trends and identify key risks. Complete all required periodic internal credit and management reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare due diligence documents, coordinate the Credit investigation process, and organize results to comply with Know Your Customer, ensure satisfactory Data Integrity, and other regulatory and policy requirements.
- Work with relationship, back office, and service teams to ensure timely and accurate booking of approved exposures. Review documentation and systems of record to validate all exposure is booked as approved.
- Participate in projects and process development for the group or region.
- Ad-hoc projects/initiatives/marketing/portfolio management/maintenance for all relevant product services.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Analytical and accounting skills; ability to analyze large corporate and middle market customer financial statements.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and interact, negotiate and communicate with all levels of management, staff and customers.
- Proficiency in Excel. Ability to quickly learn systems, procedures and policies.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write clear, concise summary of analytical findings and conclusions to support credit approvals.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability.
- Fluent in English.
- Other European languages a bonus.
- Exhibit a desire for a future career in financial services.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top