Corporate Banking Associate Portfolio Manager
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
Corporate Banking provides financial services to European companies with business presence in the US and US Wells Fargo customers that have international business.
The team has a new opportunity for an experienced Corporate Banking Associate Portfolio Manager with excellent analytical, risk and compliance knowledge.
Corporate Banking Associate Portfolio Manager Responsibilities:
- Support Portfolio Managers in conducting due diligence, underwriting, structuring, and negotiation and documentation of credit exposure.
- Research trends and the analysis of the financial performance of individual corporate customers.
- Assist in underwriting loans, credit products and operating exposures; produce accurate and concise underwriting reports for approval.
- Monitor and help maintain a portfolio of credit and operational exposure in conformity with team objectives and credit policies.
- Work with Relationship Managers and clients directly to understand credit needs and represents the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements.
- Actively assist in declining credit, waivers, extensions and other portfolio maintenance requirements.
- Assists with training, mentoring and coaching Credit Analysts and Relationship Associates.
- Take part in interaction with Risk and Audit partners to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to and the highest level of credit management standards are maintained.
- Work with internal teams (including, but not limited to, F/X, Rates, Risk Management, Relationship Associates, back office, and service teams) to ensure timely and accurate booking of approved exposures.
- Periodically supports key office risk management projects.
- Potential to begin taking more portfolio name coverage leadership over time.
Market Skills and Certifications
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills; ability to analyse financial statements, develop projection models and communicate findings in a concise manner for large, complex multinational clients.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and CapIQ; familiarity with Bloomberg and other market research tools would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to assist on more complex transactions through the highest level of the approval process on an independent basis.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Experience structuring transactions related to corporate lending and other credit related products.
- Exposure to risk management of different products including treasury management, debt capital markets, loan syndications, interest rates and commodity risk management, foreign exchange and trade.
- Be a key contributor to a strong and successful team.
- Identify and take leadership in process and efficiency improvement projects.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements .
Back to top