Controls Analyst 2 - Supervision Investment & Accountability - St. Louis, MO
Let's talk about building a rewarding career - It starts with you.
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation's third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Controls Analyst 2 – Supervision Investment & Accountability is responsible for supervision, monitoring and research analysis within PCG Supervision and providing proactive solutions. Performs extensive review and analysis of Financial Advisors books and business practices to ensure compliance with firm, industry, and regulatory guidelines. The analysts may consult with regional and senior management on policies & procedures, controls, tools and training that impacts the retail locations. Reviews confidential information to detect potential employee fraud or financial distress. Serve as point of knowledge for PCG associates regarding firm, compliance and regulatory policies and procedures as well as regarding suitability requirements and risk management for firm and vendor provided products and services. May be required to travel to branches to conduct compliance/supervision/control reviews and provides problem resolution. May conduct research and complex analysis in search of current and best practices as well as opportunities for additional synergies and to maximize efficiencies; must be proficient at gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources, identifying trends and presenting analysis through meaningful statistics. May be responsible for identifying, reviewing and addressing unapproved or high risk activity within accounts or away from the firm as well as conduct preliminary surveillance, monitoring and investigative analysis of certain retail account activity and outside business activity, related controls and provide proactive resolutions. The position is integral in policy/process changes, process improvements, and technology enhancements with a focus on PCG Supervision impact. May be required to identify training needs based on analysis as well as create, deliver and track training on an ongoing basis for ad-hoc needs as well as new hire team members. Completes other duties as assigned by Manager.
Examples of area of focus may include deep dives on financial advisor's business mix as well as high risk products and client accounts; review of complex products and strategies for suitability; conduct ongoing and ad hoc targeted reviews; perform account reviews of at risk clients based on survey responses; work with locations to remediate identified issues; perform reviews to detect potential employee fraud or financial distress; conduct controls testing of firm policies and procedures; and/or ensure adherence to firm requirements and appropriate exceptions for international accounts.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, legal, compliance, or retail branch office; in the financial services industry
- Strong research and documentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of retail brokerage and industry trends
- Independent negotiating experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Conflict management and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently while balancing the needs of multiple projects
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and instruct others
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 9/10 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 12 months of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 12 months of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 9/10 must be completed within 1 year of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0052310 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top