Control Assurance Lead / BSC5
- Clive, IA
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
The Data Transformation and Marketing team within Wells Fargo's Enterprise Data Technology (EDT) team is seeking a leader for the newly formed Tool Process and Risk Control Center of Excellence.
The Controls Assurance Lead position will be responsible for working cross-functionally to strategize, develop, plan and further build out the Controls Assurance capability in support of EDT's data risk compliance, controls, remediation and governance functions and participate in the development of the future state program. This includes enhancing and implementing the vision, defining the strategy and roadmap, as well as the planning and process efforts that will enable EDT to move to a common audit and reconciliation framework.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Assessing control design and operating effectiveness,
- Establishing and maintaining an annual test plan,
- Identifying compliance & risk mitigation gaps and initiating issues and policy exceptions, and
- Maintaining artifacts within the evidence repository.
Functions supported may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, business continuity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management (example: may include negotiation of SLA and QA program across multiple LOBs), communications, financial control/budgeting oversight (example: monitoring business expenses). May work with key internal and/or external partners, possibly including agency representatives, regulators and auditors, to distill complex concepts into pragmatic and simplified/targeted solutions.
As a Team Lead, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish supervisory responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years leading work teams
- 4+ years performing IT controls design and assurance testing
- Knowledge of industry standards (COBiT/NIST/ISO)
- 2+ years experience leading large meetings and presenting recommendations to management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience creating reports in response to management, audit, or regulatory requirements
- Experience developing well-defined plans for problem resolution from preliminary or ambiguous information
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Knowledge and understanding of technology risks related to business risks
- Ability to support many high priority, high complexity, and high risk efforts simultaneously
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controls
- Ability to read correspondence accurately and be able to provide a written response
- Experience identifying key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Experience articulating issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology and governance risk and compliance processes such as; policies, control standards, risk management concepts, or information security
- Ability to initiate action, make difficult decisions, and generate creative solutions
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2800 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Parth P.Underwriter, Supply Chain Finance
Parth works in Wells Fargo’s asset-based lending division. He focuses on analyzing a company’s inventory and accounts receivable to assess what type of financing the bank could offer them.
Back to top