Control Assessment Manager (CapMkts Middle Office Manager 1)
This position is a Control Assessment Manager on the Operations Control team in Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for utilizing his or her knowledge of and experience in Capital Markets Operations products and processes to establish and execute a well-defined control assessment program for risks that cross over the various teams and asset classes within WFS Operations.
The individual will collaborate with the business unit to develop a robust testing plan covering the trade lifecycle that effectively evaluates the design and performance of existing controls, identifies control gaps and measures the effectiveness of the controls in mitigating operational risk. The manager will work with the line specific Control Self Inspection Program (CSIP) analysts to support the remediation of control gaps across the platform. The individual will also leverage his or her Capital Markets Operations experience to work with line teams and across the Control Group to document standards for best practice controls, as well as cascade policy and standard information from the Enterprise. The individual will work with Operational Risk at various levels in the organization, including WFS Operational Risk to drive out consistent practices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding of risks and control gaps across the platform. This requires a working knowledge of processes and products across Capital Markets Operations
- Managing and executing quality assurance testing at a detailed control level for the trade lifecycle, including associated utility services such as client data and reconciliations
- Issuing report outs with analyses of the current control environment
- Making recommendations for enhancements to existing or new controls to further mitigate risk
- Partnering with senior business leaders to rate the control environment
- Serving as a control consultant for the operations team as issues arise or new processes are implemented
- Performing ad-hoc control analysis for WFS Operations teams as required
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes, and industry-wide best practices
- Leadership skills including the ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years either in a Risk organization (Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk) or responsible for managing operational risk processes within a Capital Markets Operations organization.
- BS/BA Degree
- FINRA 7 or 99 license
- This experience should include the identification and assessment of controls and a solid understanding of the trade life cycle across multiple asset classes.
- Strong candidates will possess superior verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail. Candidate should be proficient in the controls required to effectively mitigate risk in Capital Markets Operations.
- Candidate should be a strategic problem solver with the ability to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently, while maintaining the highest standard of excellence
- Proven ability in the testing and assessment of controls
- Understanding of the regulations impacting the LOB
- Experience implementing risk management programs
- Ability to influence management at all levels
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and SharePoint skills
- Working knowledge of Capital Market Operations systems or record (Broadridge, GMI, Calypso, etc.)
- Very organized with the ability to self-prioritize workload
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Commitment and loyalty to the brand
- Attention to detail
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0163302 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top